Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Differences in printed commands after execution with same code Post 302573968 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 07:28:05 AM
Old 11-16-2011
Additionally, could you please post what is that you are trying to achieve? Sample input, expected operation, sample output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while execution of second set of commands

Hi, I have a shell script with code . perf.env cd $QRY_DIR for SHELL_FILE in sql1 do export SNAME=$SHELL_FILE ${SCRIPT_DIR}/perf_qry.sh ${SPOOL_DIR} ${DB_ENVNAME} ${NAME} & RC=$(expr ${RC:-0} + $? ) sleep 60 if then echo sysdate>test1 echo query1.txt>>test1 grep -i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran16
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while execution of second set of commands

Hi, I have a shell script with code . perf.env cd $QRY_DIR for SHELL_FILE in sql1 do export SNAME=$SHELL_FILE ${SCRIPT_DIR}/perf_qry.sh ${SPOOL_DIR} ${DB_ENVNAME} ${NAME} & RC=$(expr ${RC:-0} + $? ) sleep 60 if then echo sysdate>test1 echo query1.txt>>test1 grep -i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran16
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

multiple commands execution

Hi i have 3 sql scripts that need to be executed simultaneously, and independent of one another, how do i do that in Unix AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yschd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help... Differences in Communication commands

What is the difference between the following commands. Please with example? rsh ssh scp rcp rlogin ftp telnet Cheers.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating execution of commands inside a program

I have a program dnapars I execute the program from command line as following: ./dnapars The program then prompts me some message as a user menu from where I have to select a series of options in the order R U Y R. And then I copy the output file (outfile) in another result file. I wrote the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptisjains
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem unix commands in Perl CGI

I am trying to run SSH , mkdir and other unix commands using Perl CGI. But i am not able to Execute these commands. Please help me out !!!! SSH and mkdir is necessity for me. I will be thankful to you...!!!!! I am trying like: In perl CGI file i am writing like: @list = `ssh... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
28 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of commands in ksh

I need to run few commands in a ksh script sequentially. Some of the commands are jobs submitted to the server and the consecutive commands are dependent on the completion of the jobs submitted to the server. It works if i separate the commands into different files like this #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashob123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of Shell Commands

I have a question: Where would I put the Command line (of any command) so that it executes every time I log on? Where would I put it if I want it to execute every time I start a new shell? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nabeel Nazir
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl execution commands

I don't know to debug the program todaylive.pl program. plz someone let me know what are the commands I need to know to debug the perl programs to find out the error on it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)