Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: interpreter files
Operating Systems Linux interpreter files Post 302573932 by kkalyan on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 05:27:15 AM
Old 11-16-2011
interpreter files

Can you explain me what is ment by interpreter files ??
Why and how they are used??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

When I am writing my own interpreter...

While trying out my hand at writing an interpreter, I was wondering about a a few issues one of which is the following: When I run a command such as jobs in the shell, I get a list of all the background jobs that are running... But if I need my interpreter to run that command, how would I be doing... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
34 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an command interpreter

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs. i need a very short and simple one, just for the compiling part, in UNIX Respect (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

m4 as script interpreter

#!/usr/bin/m4 when running m4 scripts with "#!/usr/bin/m4" they are executed properly, but "#!/usr/bin/m4" is printed out - how to avoid it? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Help me find Python interpreter!!!

I just started learning python on and working on sun solaries, #!/usr/bin/env python Is not recognising the intrepreter on my sun solaries could any one please help me find this. Thanks - Ann:b: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
8 Replies

5. Programming

Java Interpreter

Hello guys - do you have any sample program implementing UNIX commands in an interpreter with Java? I can look up the simple ones such "ls" etc and then write my own commands. I would appreciate it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple interpreter declarations

Hi, I am writing a shell script that connects to a remote server and performs some tasks on the server and exits. Since i am using a ssh connection, i am using a "expect" utility to supply the password automatically (which is present within the script). In order to use this utility, i need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically choosing the interpreter

Hi, Is it possible to choose the inerpreter conditionally. For example, if whereis bash returns /usr/bin/bash then i need to choose #!/usr/bin/bash else i need to use #!/usr/bin/sh. Is it possible to achieve in a shell script? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell BASIC interpreter(s)...

I am looking for a simple BASIC Interpreter written in a shell scripting language. For me something like this would be a great learning tool... After much goggle eyed Googling I came upon this:- https://gist.github.com/cander/2785819 It is small and I haven't tried it yet as I am at work... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies
Safe Tk(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands							Safe Tk(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
loadTk - Load Tk into a safe interpreter. SYNOPSIS
::safe::loadTk slave ?-use windowId? ?-display displayName? _________________________________________________________________ Safe Tk is based on Safe Tcl, which provides a mechanism that allows restricted and mediated access to auto-loading and packages for safe interpreters. Safe Tk adds the ability to configure the interpreter for safe Tk operations and load Tk into safe interpreters. DESCRIPTION
The ::safe::loadTk command initializes the required data structures in the named safe interpreter and then loads Tk into it. The command returns the name of the safe interpreter. If -use is specified, the window identified by the specified system dependent identifier win- dowId is used to contain the ``.'' window of the safe interpreter; it can be any valid id, eventually referencing a window belonging to another application. As a convenience, if the window you plan to use is a Tk Window of the application you can use the window name (eg: .x.y) instead of its window Id ([winfo id .x.y]). When -use is not specified, a new toplevel window is created for the ``.'' window of the safe interpreter. On X11 if you want the embedded window to use another display than the default one, specify it with -display. See the SECURITY ISSUES section below for implementation details. SECURITY ISSUES
Please read the safe manual page for Tcl to learn about the basic security considerations for Safe Tcl. ::safe::loadTk adds the value of tk_library taken from the master interpreter to the virtual access path of the safe interpreter so that auto-loading will work in the safe interpreter. Tk initialization is now safe with respect to not trusting the slave's state for startup. ::safe::loadTk registers the slave's name so when the Tk initialization (Tk_SafeInit) is called and in turn calls the master's ::safe::InitTk it will return the desired argv equivalent (-use windowId, correct -display, etc...). When -use is not used, the new toplevel created is specially decorated so the user is always aware that the user interface presented comes from a potentially unsafe code and can easily delete the corresponding interpreter. On X11, conflicting -use and -display are likely to generate a fatal X error. SEE ALSO
safe(n), interp(n), library(n), load(n), package(n), source(n), unknown(n) KEYWORDS
alias, auto-loading, auto_mkindex, load, master interpreter, safe interpreter, slave interpreter, source Tk 8.0 Safe Tk(n)