Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions create a program that runs two processes linked oven Post 302573905 by Scott on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 04:06:57 AM
Old 11-16-2011
A more vague request I've never seen!

Please follow the rules for posting here.

Closed.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

HOw to load dynamic lib from a statically linked program ?

I need to load a dynamic library from a statically linked program. Is there a way without recompiling my program. when i try to do that my program just crashes. If not possible, how can I avoid crashing the program when i try to load the dynamic lib, again without recompiling. If my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

why does my program runs in conflicting mode?

my pragram runs with 3 threads, 2 work threads, one main thread. the 2 work threads run with the same mode and the same code. but now, one of the work thread can't work, and it uses the cpu more than 80%, sometimes uses 100% cpu resource. the another work thread work well. when I viewed the HP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happylife365
2 Replies

3. Programming

how to use a dynamical linked library in C++ program in Linux

I have a dynamically linked library, providing some functions needed in my project. I have successfully imported it into my VC ++ 6.0 project. Now, i am translating the project into pure C++ (such as avoiding using MFC classess) in Linux box. Does anyone know if it makes sense to try to use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a program runs on unix

Hi guys, I had a question last week where I asked how I check from a website hosted on windows if a process is running on on of our unix servers. Vino and Shell Life kindly replied with a perl script: if qm') -gt 0 ] ; then echo "Site is up" else echo "Site is down." # start the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drchris
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Minutes a program runs.

I have a ksh script that executes a program with a predetermined timeout in minutes. If the program takes longer then the timeout then it still completes with a return code of 0. :confused: I would like to determine how long the program ran. Then if it takes longer than the timeout I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
7 Replies

6. Programming

getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) error but Program runs fine.

i am executing following program int main() { char str; FILE * fp; int i=0; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab runs only one line in iterated program

I have a crontab as below: PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/bin/:..... etc etc 0 8 * * * /home/user/jobs/poll.sh 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null Now the script poll.sh is called at correct time and executes. This is how poll.sh looks like #!/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with how to run multiple script with concurrent processes runs sequentially.

Hi, The problem detail is follows I have three individual scripts . SCRIPT A sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_03.sh SCRIPT B sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: H_bansal
1 Replies

9. AIX

Create shared libs on AIX (with certain libs which are statically linked)

I want to create a shared lib with certain libs statically linked to it. I can generate a fully shared lib as follows: gcc -maix64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src -DHAVE_OPENSSL -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/apr-1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/java8_64/include -shared -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Where can I find the program that runs the -wc command?

Hey guys, I was wondering. When I enter a command in the terminal -wcl for a word count, where is that program located in the kernel? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
7 Replies
tcprules(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tcprules(1)

NAME
tcprules - compile rules for tcpserver SYNOPSIS
tcprules rules.cdb rules.tmp OVERVIEW
tcpserver optionally follows rules to decide whether a TCP connection is acceptable. For example, a rule of 18.23.0.32:deny prohibits connections from IP address 18.23.0.32. tcprules reads rules from its standard input and writes them into rules.cdb in a binary format suited for quick access by tcpserver. tcprules can be used while tcpserver is running: it ensures that rules.cdb is updated atomically. It does this by first writing the rules to rules.tmp and then moving rules.tmp on top of rules.cdb. If rules.tmp already exists, it is destroyed. The directories containing rules.cdb and rules.tmp must be writable to tcprules; they must also be on the same filesystem. If there is a problem with the input, tcprules complains and leaves rules.cdb alone. The binary rules.cdb format is portable across machines. RULE FORMAT
A rule takes up one line. A file containing rules may also contain comments: lines beginning with # are ignored. Each rule contains an address, a colon, and a list of instructions, with no extra spaces. When tcpserver receives a connection from that address, it follows the instructions. ADDRESSES
tcpserver starts by looking for a rule with address TCPREMOTEINFO@TCPREMOTEIP. If it doesn't find one, or if TCPREMOTEINFO is not set, it tries the address TCPREMOTEIP. If that doesn't work, it tries shorter and shorter prefixes of TCPREMOTEIP ending with a dot. If none of them work, it tries the empty string. For example, here are some rules: joe@127.0.0.1:first 18.23.0.32:second 127.:third :fourth ::1:fifth If TCPREMOTEIP is 10.119.75.38, tcpserver will follow the fourth instructions. If TCPREMOTEIP is ::1, tcpserver will follow the fifth instructions. Note that you cannot detect IPv4 mapped addresses by matching "::ffff", as those addresses will be converted to IPv4 before looking at the rules. If TCPREMOTEIP is 18.23.0.32, tcpserver will follow the second instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is bill and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the third instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is joe and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the first instructions. ADDRESS RANGES
tcprules treats 1.2.3.37-53:ins as an abbreviation for the rules 1.2.3.37:ins, 1.2.3.38:ins, and so on up through 1.2.3.53:ins. Similarly, 10.2-3.:ins is an abbreviation for 10.2.:ins and 10.3.:ins. INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions in a rule must begin with either allow or deny. deny tells tcpserver to drop the connection without running anything. For example, the rule :deny tells tcpserver to drop all connections that aren't handled by more specific rules. The instructions may continue with some environment variables, in the format ,VAR="VALUE". tcpserver adds VAR=VALUE to the current envi- ronment. For example, 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fix.me" adds RELAYCLIENT=@fix.me to the environment. The quotes here may be replaced by any repeated character: 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=/@fix.me/ Any number of variables may be listed: 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPLOCALHOST="movie.edu" SEE ALSO
tcprulescheck(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-environ(5) tcprules(1)