Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Update ksh .profile to launch bash Post 302573823 by Sivaswami on Tuesday 15th of November 2011 06:31:32 PM
Old 11-15-2011
Update ksh .profile to launch bash

Hi
I don't have chsh option.
I want to launch bash instead of ksh ( or launch bash from ksh .profile)
how can I do this ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and .profile

hi, I have the following in my .profile file: 21 set -u 22 trap "echo 'logout'" 0 23 24 25 EDITOR=vi 26 export EDITOR 27 28 export ENV=x.tm And x.tm just contains echo hello world I am in the c shell.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: how to launch a program with parameters

Hi, I'm a pretty big fan of BASH scripting. I've got a bunch I use for random things and lately a couple issues have been plaguing me. Both are somewhat related, in that they deal with filenames with spaces and "escaped" characters and with launching a program with command line arguements... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile on ksh

Hello, I've a problem with .profile on ksh. I use exceed to connect as a user to my server. When I'm connected, my PS1 variable is $, but on my .profile it is defined like PS1="`/usr/ucb/whoami`@$HOSTNAME# " ... export ENV PAGER HOSTNAME PAGER PATH PS1 MAIL Now... all my alias on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you close and launch X Window in the Bash shell?

What is the Unix command(s) to close the X Window in the Bash shell to get me into text mode. Also need the command to relaunch it from the text mode. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacatone
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Bash profile

Hi I noticed that my bash profile has duplicate entries. For example there are two entries for the variable $APP_HOME = /app/soft/install $APP_HOME =/app/software/install Will this have any impact ? Please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathan_nathan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Profile file bash

Hi Experts, Profile file was not found for one of the users on solaris box. Default shell is bash for the user. <prod>>:/home/produser::echo $SHELL /usr/bin/bash <prod>>:/home/produser::ls -lta |grep bash -rw------- 1 produser prod 4157 Oct 19 17:32 .bash_history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use stty columns 140 in .profile on ksh

Hi, I am trying to put stty columns 140 in .profile to set column width to 140 so I don't have to manully do it every time. My main goal is to avoid seeing "Terminal too wide" message whenever I try to use vi editor in full screen. I am on korn shell echo $SHELL /bin/ksh So even... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)