Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Passwordless FTP connection
Operating Systems Solaris Passwordless FTP connection Post 302573814 by Corona688 on Tuesday 15th of November 2011 05:47:11 PM
Old 11-15-2011
If you haven't set any password, that generally makes login impossible, not passwordless.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

FTP Connection

I just started a new job and inherited a Fedora core 3 server. I wanted to open the ftp ports and I wanted to verify this code before I mess things up. From my reading the two lines below should allow ftp access can anyone confirm my attempt. iptables -A INPUT -p tcp - sport 21 -m state - state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mungaz
0 Replies

2. Solaris

ftp connection problem

Hi all, i am not able to connect the ftp through userA. Can you please tell me what are the possible ways to troubleshoot this issue? Regards krishna (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

3. SCO

ftp connection

I have problem with ftp connection on SCO UNIX 5.0.7, it is work slowly. How I can make accelerate. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: draganmi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp - Connection close

Hi Can someone help me what is the problem, when i try to login via ftp, though i entered the correct password, i got an error message Connection refused. please help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaibiganmi
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Connection

Hi, Anyone encounter whereby when you FTP from an Unix server (Solaris 8) to another server (Window Server 2003), you tend to wait a long while when you do a "ls" and you get a timeout after that. However, when you FTP again and do a "ls", the result of "ls" shown immediately. All connection are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Server unexpectedly closed network connection error in passwordless in ssh through

Hi , when i try to passwordless connection login in ssh through putty, i am getting the "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" error.i have already finished the public and private key settings for the particular user. thanks MaroV (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passwordless ssh connection problem

I need to ssh from Host A to Hosts B and C. A->B works, but A->C does not. I can do rcp/rcmd A->B and A->C. B and C are identical systems. All three are SCO OSR 5. More relevant info: Host A$ ssh -V OpenSSH_3.8p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 Hosts B and C are:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Passwordless sftp connection from UNIX to windows server

HI , I am trying to make a passwordless sftp connection from a unix server to windows server I have used a existing script which is like this cd /home150/adm/.ssh/ ssh-agent /usr/bin/ksh <<EOF ssh-add IDBNEWKEY ssh-add -l sftp IDBUSER@abc.com cd /home/IDBUSER/Share/IDB/ rm ${FILE}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
0 Replies
NWCLIENT(5)							     nwclient							       NWCLIENT(5)

NAME
nwclient - configuration file for NWClient program suite DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the rather simple format of the file $HOME/.nwclient, the configuration file for the NWClient program suite. FILE FORMAT
The file $HOME/.nwclient consists of several lines, each describing a NWClient connection. Lines beginning with # and empty lines are ignored as comments. Because you can store passwords in .nwclient, the user programs will only scan .nwclient when only the file owner has access rights to the file. The file must be have permissions 0600. To specify a NWClient connection, the name of the file server, the user name to be used and a password is necessary. The server name and the user name are specified as SERVER/USER, and the password is separated by a blank. The password field can be omitted. In this case the user programs will ask you for a password. If you specify the password to be just a dash, then no password is used. The first valid specification has a special meaning: If the user does not name a server on the command line, the first specification is used as a 'preferred connection'. An example might be the following: # The preferred connection, the user is asked # for a password FS311/ME # And a passwordless account on another server CD-SERV/GUEST - With these lines in $HOME/.nwclient, calling 'ncpmount /mnt' will mount the the file server FS311 with user name ME on /mnt after asking the user for a password. ncpmount -S cd-serv /cd will silently mount the server cd-serv on /cd. nprint, pqlist and other user programs that require a valid login also look up $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and pos- sibly a password. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), slist(1), pqlist(1), nprint(1) nwclient 12/27/1995 NWCLIENT(5)