Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cannot login into AIX machine. Forgot Password! Post 302573729 by funksen on Tuesday 15th of November 2011 10:32:06 AM
Old 11-15-2011
root pw should not expire

if you just can't login remote, but you think you know the password, login with your user and try
Code:
su - root

if the user is not allowed to do this, you may login over hmc or serial

you could also boot your system with an aix cd or from the nim -> maintenance shell diagnostics and select mount filesystems

Last edited by funksen; 11-16-2011 at 04:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

forgot password red hat ?

Dear Forum savants, I have a problem that I am not sure how to overcome. Two years ago I had a friend build me computer with a linux os (red hat) for learning purposes. It happens to have an oracle server on it as well... Anyway , because of personal reasons, I lost complete interest in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

forgot password

i forgot my password on a HP-UX 9.xx machine. is there a possible way of changing it without knowing the root passwd? I would do it with a boot disk and chroot but I dont have a boot disk available.... any ideas? thanks!! Paul Tittel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paultittel
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forgot the privileged access password in ibm pseries615c3

Hi friends, I am having ibm pseries615c3 server. previously i set privileged access password for the firmware. Now i forgot that password. Help me to reset or remove the firmware password from the server. Otherwise anyone plz help me how to change the default boot device in pseries servers. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I forgot my UNIX password!!

Hello, Is there a way to reset the "root" unix password, pretty much like you would do in linux by going into single user mode? :confused: :confused: Thank you in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Big
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with any free unix machine login password

Hi Can any one help me with unix box user name and password. I tried several free sites which provide free unix login, but there I can't use ksh. Thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
5 Replies

6. Solaris

forgot password

hello friends, I am currently using solaris 10. I have lost the root password. Can you please give me a step by step procedure on how to set the password again. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

without password to login into remote machine- in the script ??

HI, I need to write a script .. when I run this script , will directly goto that remote machine without asking password.. Once it is entered, I needs to transfer some of the log files... how can I proceed ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forgot root password

i am a new user of unix . i lost my SGI unix server root password Any body please help me,how get password? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasu.k82
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Forgot MYSQL password root

I have VPS openSUSE 12.2 I forgot MYSQL password root when i run in CMD: > mysql Error Message Show : >> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CloudniX
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

I have forgot my root password. Solaris 10

hi everyone i have forgot my root password and i have other user to login. can i get the password without restarting the server as that cant be afforded. . it is a Sparc architecture 2U blade server. it is old server mounted and functional since 2009. what should be the modus oprandee. i am novice... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
5 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)