Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getting parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting parameters Post 302573559 by a12ka4 on Tuesday 15th of November 2011 01:43:40 AM
Old 11-15-2011
The permissions are correct

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Parameters Help.

I can test for one parameter but anything more then that and I get an Error. I forgot I run this batch in a shell #!/bin/sh ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Write a batch program that accepts a keyword as a parameter and finds all the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2006
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameters

I have a script that needs to check if the given parameters are a combination of 0123456789 and not a word or another irelevant character.please help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input parameters

I have a script which take 3 input parameters 1st - a date (i.e. current date) 2nd - type (i.e. A) 3rd - limit (i.e. 40) normally the date parameter would be current date, so I thought I could do this calculate.sh $(date +%Y-%m-%d) A 40 however, it seems like it can't be done,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need to look at Kernel parameters

Hello all, Can anyone tell me the command line I can use to look at the following Kernel parameters: nfile maxfile maxfile_lim I'm using the Reflection manager connection to my Unix box so I can't use SAM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameters

i'm supposed to come up with a script that -accepts a directory as an optional command line parameter -display an error message and terminates if more than one parameter is provided -use the current directory if no parameter is provided -displays an error message and terminates if the provided... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaay
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

More than nine parameters

Hi, please tell me the systax for passing 11 variables(including 4compulsory variables) in shell program. ORA_USERPASS=`echo $1` USERID=`echo $2` USERNAME=`echo $3` REQUESTID=`echo $4` P5=`echo $5` P6=`echo $6` P7=`echo $7` P8=`echo $8` P9=`echo $9` shift P10=`echo $9` shift... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitha126
3 Replies

7. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Kernel Parameters

Dear All, I have weblogic Portal Installed in the Server solaris 10. How can i verify whether all the kernel parameters are available for this Software and also another question is How to crosscheck a server ( Solaris 10 Sparc ) whether it has all the required kernel parameters. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with parameters

Can someone help me of doing something like this send.sh #!/bin/bash for last; do true; done echo $* | gammu sendsms TEXT $last every thing is good except that when i launch the script like this ./send.sh This is the message i want to send +63922XXXXXXX it turned out the message of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturo322
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

parameters file

Hi, on AIX 6.1 I have a shell script that calls another shell which have some parameters. Say like the following : ##This is main script############ myparameters.sh command1 command2 ..... .... And here myparameteres.sh : export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)