Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix process CPU differences.
Operating Systems AIX Aix process CPU differences. Post 302573329 by elmesy on Monday 14th of November 2011 06:46:16 AM
Old 11-14-2011
Thanks that would explian it then, is there a command that I can use which would show the current CPU consumed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cmd to find CPU utiliz of a process in AIX

Hello All, I wanna find the CPU utilization of a specific process running on AIX OS. I have its pid, but not sure about the command. iostat sar 5 5 vmstat All the above give me system CPU utilization. Is there a way to find for a specific pid??? Thanks, Ankita (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

3. AIX

Find CPU per process in AIX

Hi. I am looking for a command that will return me the amount of CPU used by a specific process in AIX environment. I know there is TOPAS - but it is interactive and I need to get this information from system that connects remotely via SSH. Using writing to files and than reading them is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

4. Programming

C++ application: how to access AIX process and cpu information?

Hi, may be this is an AIX noob question: my current C++ application runs on Linux and is quite memory consuming. Therefore, the application writes a logfile after it has finished containing memory information, CPU information, information on the running other processes besides my application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarthVader77
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to access process and cpu info on AIX?

Hi, may be this is an AIX noob question: my current C++ application runs on Linux and is quite memory consuming. Therefore, the application writes a logfile after it has finished containing memory information, CPU information, information on the running other processes besides my application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarthVader77
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide to differences between Solaris and AIX

I've been more used to Solaris, but am now working on an IBM AIX box, P650 Certain commands like "top" are no longer available. Any ideas on where I can find help on this matter? Christopher Freville Alberquerque, NM (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solariums
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help understanding differences between AIX and RHEL

I have started a new job which requires AIX admin skills, which I have, and RHEL skills. Does anyone have a cheat sheet that if I know how to solve the problem in AIX how would I do that in RHEL? I was an IBM pre-sales technical trying to keep sales guys honest - not possible. Any other links to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpenceSnyder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cpu utilization by a process has to be mailed if more than 5% on AIX

i am using the below command in order to find the cpu utilization by a user..now i want to mail if the cpu utilization goes beyond 5%....can someone please help me ? ps auxw | sort -r +2 | awk '{ print $3,$1 }' | head -6 | egrep "USER|#anonymous#" %CPU USER 2.0 anonymous Regards,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arorap
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky situation with process cpu usage - AIX

OS: AIX so we frequently receive a lot of cpu related alerts. all types of checks have been created to keep an eye on the cpu but a lot of these checks make too much noise as the CPU is always being seen as high. the system and application owners say there's no issue with the cpu. so now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
CPUCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 CPUCTL(8)

NAME
cpuctl -- program to control CPUs SYNOPSIS
cpuctl command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The cpuctl command can be used to control and inspect the state of CPUs in the system. The first argument, command, specifies the action to take. Valid commands are: identify cpu Output information on the specified CPU's features and capabilities. Not available on all architectures. list For each CPU in the system, display the current state and time of the last state change. offline cpuno Set the specified CPU off line. Unbound LWPs (lightweight processes) will not be executed on the CPU while it is off line. Bound LWPs will continue to be executed on the CPU, and device interrupts routed to the CPU will continue to be handled. A future release of the system may allow device interrupts to be re-routed away from individual CPUs. At least one CPU in the system must remain on line. online cpuno Set the specified CPU on line, making it available to run unbound LWPs. ucode [file] This applies the microcode patch on all CPUs. The default filename is used if no filename is specified. The identify com- mand prints the installed version on that CPU. On success the identify command show different ucode versions before and after this command. FILES
/dev/cpuctl control device /libdata/firmware/x86/amd/ The directory to install the microcode file for AMD CPUs into. The default filename is microcode_amd.bin for CPU families 0x10 to 0x14. The default filename is microcode_amd_famXXh.bin where XX is the CPU family starting with 15 (hex). Get it from http://www.amd64.org/support/microcode.html EXAMPLES
Run cpuctl identify 0 and you should see something like this: cpu0: UCode version: 0x1000080 After applying the microcode patch with cpuctl ucode you can see with cpuctl identify 0 that the patch got applied: cpu0: UCode version: 0x1000083 SEE ALSO
psrset(8), schedctl(8) HISTORY
The cpuctl command first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
January 13, 2012 BSD