Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix and Linux Commands
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix and Linux Commands Post 302573280 by vee_789 on Monday 14th of November 2011 02:18:01 AM
Old 11-14-2011
Unix and Linux Commands

Hi All
I have found that few basic commands in unix have the same syntax in linux as well. I need those commands which differ on Linux platform, with some more advanced options..
For example... awk, sed, tr ... and some more commands with advanced options. I am trying to search on the linux sites.

But help from your end will also be appreciated.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands in linux-red hat

hi, can i have a unix like environment where i can do things like chmod, shell scripts and etc.. in redhat instead of the GUI that redhat ofters? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

All Linux and Unix commands Links

http://www.computerhope.com/unix.htm http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/linux/cmd/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands

This is my first time using this forum. My question is simple. I need a book that has the commands code for Linux, if there is such a book, of course. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropapi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Name 10 commands every Linux and Unix admin should know

I'm working on further developing my Unix skills and I'm just curious what some of the experienced admins out there would consider to be 10 essential commands every admin should know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkitech
12 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need Linux commands

Hi, Can you please get me the linux commands to find the below details. 1. Amount of buffers/cache used for RAM and Swap ( I think free -m command will provide the details.but not understandable. Please provide some info on how to check the amount of buffers/cache value etc.) 2. Number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday123
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Most deadly commands on Unix/Linux !!

lets list the most deadly commands on Unix/Linux and what they do.... > sudo rm -rf / (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
27 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the best way to remember UNIX / Linux Commands?

Hi all, I'm new to UNIX world and new to this forum. As I observed there are lot of commands that needs to be remembered in UNIX programming. I'm into DevOps and can anyone please tell me what are all the important commands that are useful for DevOps Engineer. NOTE: Please correct me if my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlink
3 Replies
IPCS(1) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - provide information on ipc facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-asmq] [-tclup] ipcs [-smq] -i id ipcs -h DESCRIPTION
ipcs provides information on the ipc facilities for which the calling process has read access. The -i option allows a specific resource id to be specified. Only information on this id will be printed. Resources may be specified as follows: -m shared memory segments -q message queues -s semaphore arrays -a all (this is the default) The output format may be specified as follows: -t time -p pid -c creator -l limits -u summary SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcmk(1) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. The portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
krishna balasubramanian (balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu) AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 0.99 9 October 1993 IPCS(1)