Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sending Messeges To Users on a Server Post 302573238 by robo on Sunday 13th of November 2011 06:57:47 PM
Old 11-13-2011
Code:
wall message

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail retries sending to non-existant users

How can i get sendmail to immediately bounce mail when the server on the other side gives a "550 unknown user" SMTP error? Currently, the outbound mail stays in the queue and is retried until our server gives up, some days later. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email to group of users

Hi , I want to write a Unix script which can send an automatic email to the group when my job is completed.I'm trying the following Mail -s "test" <groupname> << EOD >Completed >EOD With this i'm not able to send an email to group..Any ideas? Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BhawanaAggarwal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mails to various users without hard coding the email IDS

Hi Can any one help me out ? I am trying to send an autogenerated mail with an attachment to bulk of users using 'MAILX' and 'UNENCODE' . I have used it as follows X " ( cat /sastemp/body.txt; uuencode Test.xls.gz Test.xls.gz ) | mailx -s 'Testing' ' abcd@yahoo.com , efgh@gmail.com ' " ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Sending Messages to Users

How can I send messages to users who are logged in unto the server with Solaris 9 OS without going into the application? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

script for memory monitoring and sending mail to users in network

I m working on a script which monitors the disk usage and send a mail to the users if it reaches a limit of 90%. hlp me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
2 Replies

6. Linux

Memory monitoring and sending alert mail to users in network using shell script

i m workiing on a shell script which may monitors network memory and send alert to user if it increase a threshold (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

when users ftp to server the timezone reflected is UTC but the server is set to TZ in localtime

Guys, Need your help coz my server runs in local time GMT +8, but when client use ftp and login, the resulting timestamp seen in each file is in UTC format. We need to set that the time should be the same as GMT +8 when in ftp session. I am using RHEL 5.3. root@]# ll total 1740... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Nagios is sending critical false alerts about current users

Hello All, Nagios seems to be sending false alerts about few hosts, (ex: There were no users on one host and still Nagios was reporting a critical alert and says 6 users are logged in. How do I fix this one? Also, I have installed nagios and added 12 hosts as a start and monitoring few... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
4 Replies
BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)

NAME
backup_delvolset - Deletes one or more volume sets from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup delvolset -name <volume set name>+ [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup delvols -n <volume set name>+ [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup delvolset command deletes each volume set named by the -name argument, and the volume entries each contains, from the Backup Database. The backup listvolsets command lists the volume sets (and their volume entries) currently defined in the Backup Database. CAUTIONS
Deleting a temporary volume set is possible only within the interactive session in which it was created. Exiting the interactive session also destroys the temporary volume set automatically. OPTIONS
-name <volume set name>+ Names each volume set to delete. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the volume set called user and all volume entries in it: % backup delvolset user PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addvolentry(8), backup_addvolset(8), backup_delvolentry(8), backup_listvolsets(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)