Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comment/uncomment grep output Post 302573179 by agama on Sunday 13th of November 2011 12:33:41 PM
Old 11-13-2011
What exactly is your desired output? From your question and sample data it's not possible to determine exactly what you are trying to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of xml comment by grep or sed

Hi, I would like to get rid of all comment in an xml file by grep or sed command: The content seem like this: <!-- ab cd ef gh ij kl --> Anyone can help? Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonLii
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment/uncomment a cron

Hi, My requirement is to comment/uncomment a cron job through a script. 1. Redirected the output of crontab -l to a text file. crontab -l >cronoutput.txt 2. grep to find the script running and sed to place the comment (#) as the first char grep -i 'weblogicmonitor.sh'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and uncomment a line with Shell Script

Requirement is: 1. comment and uncomment the line with Shell Script: /opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET (using fastpg.exe as a search option) 2. display = "Commented" (when its commented) and display = "Uncommented" (when its uncommented) Its urgent, please let me asap!!! Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncomment or comment one specific line in a config file

Hello. I want comment or uncomment a ligne in a config file. The file name : /etc/samba/smb.conf Normaly the ligne is uncomment :so the line begin with a tab character followed by passdb backend =\tpassdb backend = In that case I should comment this line ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uncomment XML block using sed

Hi All, I need to umcomment an XML block (if it's not already uncommented) in a shell script. There are several commented blocks in the file that need to remain commented out. The challenging part for me is that I need to match a comment on one line and an XML tag on the following line. Also,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raiderfan1
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to comment/uncomment a shell script?

cd path line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 Lets say thats the sample script...So say if i have to comment the above script, which would be the better way so that whenever i want, i cud comment or uncomment the same. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the desired output and output to a file?

currently I have process from a raw file to this stage ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_VOID" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_VOID" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_IID") ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_AMT" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_AMT" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_AMT_IID") ALTER TABLE... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To comment/uncomment in config file

hi! I want to comment and uncomment 2 lines in my config files that goes like: CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" #CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" I want to sawp the commnets in above lines and desired output should be: #CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptNovice
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl uncomment line

Hi guys I am making a bash script, need to un-comment a line remove the"#" Want to accomplish this with a Perl command. Line is like this: #readclients = yes Need it like this: readclients = yes Any help would be really appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tox
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)