Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Setting to SSH home-PC from Work Post 302573170 by Corona688 on Sunday 13th of November 2011 11:15:56 AM
Old 11-13-2011
192.168.x.x addresses are internal addresses, trying to SSH to one of those from somewhere else over the internet is like sending a package to an apartment number without telling the postal service which apartment where.

You have to ssh to the router IP.

You have to tell the router to forward port 23 22 to 192.168.1.103.

How to do that depends on the router.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-13-2011 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: wrong port

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting Oracle Home

Hi, if i set Oracle home in the command line as export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0; and then checking it by typing echo $ORACLE_HOME,its getting the correct result.But if i try setting the ORACLE_HOME from a shell script by just including the same line as above,it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up my HOME PC as server

Hi , i am having RedHat AS 4 in my home PC.now i want to access applications remotely i.e from office. how can i do that. in short i would like to make my PC as server for doing test's. while I am @ work. I am using static IP. leenus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Work From Home?

Do you work from home (telecommute) more than half time each week? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a home solaris private network

Hi all, I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Setting up Oracle RAC at home

Hello, I'm planning to set up Oracle 10g RAC at home. I was initaillay planning to get a windows desktop and install Cent OS after wiping out the existing windows OS. I have some questions with regards to this. 1) For setting up RAC, I would have to install an additional NIC besides the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Home work

I am studying part-time degree course ( Information system ), I just ask to do the following question , but it is not easy for me as I do not have IT background , does someone can help for it. "Consider the following web application for a property agent : The server download to the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

7. AIX

Setting AIX box at home.

Hi guys... I have got a old Aix box i.e. 7043 - 150 for home experimenting purposes. I am having some issues to setup the tcpip on it correctly, so that i can access it within the network and also from outside i.e. work. My setup looks like this: Modem ----> Apple airport wireless router... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uzair_rock
2 Replies
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)

NAME
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl - Net::OpenSSH adapter for Net::SSH::Perl API compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); use Net::SSH::Perl; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new('host'); $ssh->login($user, $passwd); my ($out, $err, $rc) = $ssh->cmd($cmd); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a subset of Net::SSH::Perl API on top of Net::OpenSSH. After the module is loaded as... use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); ... it supplants the Net::SSH::Perl module as if it were installed on the machine using Net::OpenSSH under the hood to handle SSH operations. Setting defaults The hash %Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::OpenSSH and other modules called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SSH::Perl API. The entries currently supported are: connection => [ %opts ] Extra options passed to "Net::OpenSSH::new" constructor. Example: $Net::OpenSSH::Compat::SSH::Perl::DEFAULTS{connection} = [ ssh_path => "/opt/SSH/bin/ssh" ]; BUGS AND SUPPORT
This is a work in progress. "register_handler" method is not supported. Net::SSH::Perl submodules (i.e. Net::SSH::Perl::Channel) are not emulated. Anyway, if your Net::SSH::Perl script fails, fill a bug report at the CPAN RT bugtracker (https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat>) or just send me an e-mail with the details. Include at least: 1 - The full source of the script 2 - A description of what happens in your machine 3 - What you thing it should be happening 4 - What happens when you use the real Net::SSH::Perl 5 - The version and name of your operating system 6 - The version of the OpenSSH ssh client installed on your machine ("ssh -V") 7 - The Perl version ("perl -V") 8 - The versions of the Perl packages Net::OpenSSH, IO::Pty and this Net::OpenSSH::Compat. Git repository The source code repository is at https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat>. My wishlist If you like this module and you're feeling generous, take a look at my Amazon Wish List: <http://amzn.com/w/1WU1P6IR5QZ42> Also consider contributing to the OpenSSH project this module builds upon: <http://www.openssh.org/donations.html>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 by Salvador Fandin~o (sfandino@yahoo.com) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.0 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-24 Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)