Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Made something wrong in server Post 302573123 by vbe on Sunday 13th of November 2011 04:12:49 AM
Old 11-13-2011
The answer depends on how paranoid or optimistic (question of point of vue...) you are...
Do you have good backups? Really good ones would be boot/recovery type...
Now, since you say all your sites, are you talking of web sites? (less desperate then...) in which case maybe / is a relative...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can this be made into one single line?

Can someone please suggest a script to make the following into one single (continuous) line so that a pattern search can be carried out on the resulting single line. Note : Sample (may be shorter or longer) and will be contained in a text file ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmsinghe
6 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DCHP server assigning a wrong Address

Pls could you help me diagnose my problem. I have a system which is a DHCP server and also the Remote Access Server. The DHCP server allocate normal address within the scope range to the LAN system. why it allocates abitrary number such as 169.254.217.90 255.255.0.0 class B address to the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can SQL Server call be made from unix sh

Hi, I need to make SQL Server procedure call (exec <proc name>)from unix shell script. First of all I would like to know if it is possible. I know we can do it from Oracle but not sure about SQL Server. Version: SunOS 5.8 SQL 8.0 I have made the below entry in the interface file. NSXNA267 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sspreethi
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wrong Time on Server

Hello Folks, The following: I got to solve a problem for a colleague. I do have an server HP-UX in a network. There is a Time Server, but it has to be adapted, due to NTP not reachable. The time on the server notifies more then 10 minutes in the future. There is a working database on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: velde_van_der_a
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Self made monitoring application

Hi.. Looking for advice / feedback Work in IT in an operational team, number of years ago, all monitoring was manual, vast checklists for unix checks, checking space, checking application processes, files etc. filling in spreadsheets etc. I took some basic scripting courses in ksh and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

An email that has made my day...

Today I received an email from 'code.activestate.com'. It was referenced to a Python code snippet I wrote 3 years and 2 months ago. It was the third party comment at the bottom that was emailed to me... As I am a pure amateur coder this has really made my day... Platform Independent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
uucpsend(8)							Programmer's Manual						       uucpsend(8)

NAME
uucpsend - Alternative frontend for uucp batching SYNOPSYS
uucpsend [ -c config ] [ -f appendix ] sitename [ sitename ... ] This program offers a comfortable way to do news batching with the INN news system. Like the name assumes it is used for sites that are connected via UUCP. The idea behind the mechanism is taken from the nntpsend program which is already included in distributions of INN. The program does not do the batching itself. Instead it lets commonly used tools do the work. However it controls their behaviour. Using uucpsend you can define detailed how batching for each site shall take place in an easy fashion. In the file uucpsend.ctl(5) for each site your server feeds you can specify the size of batches, the maximal disk space that may be used by the uucp site, the header that should be written in the batch (e.g. funbatch, cunbatch, gunbatch etc.), the compression program to use as well as additional arguments passed to uux(8). The sitename should be the name of the site as specified in the newsfeeds(5) file. If no sitenames are passed to the program it will loop over all sites that described in the configuration file. This makes it easy to maintain sets of sites that are to be batched one after the other - contrary to batching through the whole day. A batcher(8) is launched for sites with queued news. Output is sent to the file /var/log/news/uucpsend.log. In order to keep from over- whelming the local system, uucpsend waits five seconds before the next site is fed. Uucpsend expects that the batchfile for a site is named /var/spool/news/out.going/sitename. To prevent batchfile corruption, shlock(1) is used to ``lock'' these files. It is useful to have cron(8) invoke uucpsend. When no sites are given on the command line, any flags given on the command completely describe how batcher operate. When no sites are given on the command line, then the information found in uucpsend.ctl becomes the default flags for that sites. OPTIONS
-f config Using this parameter you are able to specify a file different to PATH_UUCPCTL which defaults to /etc/news/uucpsend.ctl. -f appendix With the parameter ``-f'' you may specify another uucpsend.ctl(5) file. Information with regard to also given sitenames are read from the uucpsend.ctl-file. Please keep in mind that all default values are still read from the main uucpsend.ctl file. This fea- ture has been added to let big sites easily specify a different batching behaviour. HISTORY
Written by Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>, derived mostly from nntpsend(8) by Landon Curt Noll <chongo@toad.com> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. SEE ALSO
innxmit(1), newsfeeds(5), uucpsend.ctl(5), nntppsend(8), nntppsend.ctl(5), shrinkfile(1). Infodrom 21 November 2001 uucpsend(8)