Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sftp script file movement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sftp script file movement Post 302572995 by ahamed101 on Saturday 12th of November 2011 09:36:14 AM
Old 11-12-2011
744 should be good enough... which will give rwx to you and read permission to others and group...
Code:
chmod 744 inputfile

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission for file movement.

Hi , How will put the condition whether the file has permission to move from one location to another in scripting? Regards Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in a log file with little movement

I have a script which tails a log file and if it finds certain strings in the data tailed it sends an email, basically like this: tail -f logfile > tmp.file & sleep 10 kill $! STRING=$(grep -c "string" tmp.file) && echo $STRING | mailx -s "Warning.." admin@123.com When the string is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp-Script log file

Hi, I would like to handle the each file start and end time of the file transfer using sftp command. Can you please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] help clean up file movement script

Hello Group, Once again another script hacked together from a few sources to try and suit my needs. This is to go through a /temp directory and for each ls entry ask which Dir of three I want it sorted. The script works but there are a few behaviors that are odd so I figured I'd ask for help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer file via SFTP

Hi all, I'm trying to do a script to transfer file between my server and an external server via SFTP protocol. It doesn't use rsa key, but password. When I run the script, it throw back a prompt that request me to put the password. How should I do for automatic login? Pleaes help :( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

8. Open Source

Shell script file movement to a Mail Box server using ftp commands

Hi All, I have a current Process that runs "windows script " for the file movement that needs to changed to a "DataStage Process (Using shell script )" Source :Text file is getting generated as part of Datastage Jobs processes and resides in a shared drive (Unix server) Target :ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File movement based on peak hours ( 10AM - 3PM )

Hi , I came across a requirement in writing a script to move files from one location to another location having the number of files limited based on the server time. For example: In total number of files , I have to move files in below order 00 hours - 6AM 10% of the total number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthivel021
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automatic file movement between folders

Hello There, Here is the use cases Input folders dropbox/project/abc/ dropbox/project/pqr/ dropbox/project/lmn/ dropbox/project/xyz/ Target Folders /data/abc/ /data/pqr/ /data/lmn/ /data/xyz/ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TreasureCookies
2 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat - Adaptor for Net::SFTP compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat; my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat->new($host); $sftp->get("foo", "bar"); $sftp->put("bar", "baz"); use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat ':supplant'; my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($host); DESCRIPTION
This package is a wrapper around Net::SFTP::Foreign that provides an API (mostly) compatible with that of Net::SFTP. Methods on this package are identical to those in Net::SFTP except that Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes::Compat objects have to be used instead of Net::SFTP::Attributes. If the ":supplant" tag is used, this module installs also wrappers on the "Net::SFTP" and Net::SFTP::Attributes packages so no other parts of the program have to modified in order to move from Net::SFTP to Net::SFTP::Foreign. Setting defaults The hash %Net::SFTP::Foreign::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::SFTP::Foreign methods called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SFTP API. The entries currently supported are: new => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign constructor. get => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::get method. put => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::put method. ls => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::ls method. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008, 2011 Salvador Fandin~o All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)