Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sftp script file movement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sftp script file movement Post 302572969 by KAREENA18 on Saturday 12th of November 2011 09:31:34 AM
Old 11-12-2011
sftp script file movement

Hi,

I am newbie in unix scripting, I have written a bash script of SFTP that transfer some files from one folder to another within a server , I have two folders test and temp in the directory /home/p5060/sxk124 , the temp folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/temp)contain the files which I through my script put it into test folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/test) and the script run perfectly but my bash scripts resides in a seprate scripts folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/scripts) , Now the one thing I notice before running my my bash scripts, I have to set the permission of files inside the temp directory to
Code:
$ chmod 777 inputfilename

But gives the permission to all ones which as per security is not good ...I want to set the permission such that when I log on to my account through putty and when i execute the the bash script only I will be able to transfer the files...what will be perfect chmod permissions..?Please guide

---------- Post updated at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAREENA18
Hi,

I am newbie in unix scripting, I have written a bash script of SFTP that transfer some files from one folder to another within a server , I have two folders test and temp in the directory /home/p5060/sxk124 , the temp folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/temp)contain the files which I through my script put it into test folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/test) and the script run perfectly but my bash scripts resides in a seprate scripts folder(/home/p5060/sxk124/scripts) , Now the one thing I notice before running my my bash scripts, I have to set the permission of files inside the temp directory to
Code:
$ chmod 777 inputfilename

But gives the permission to all ones which as per security is not good ...I want to set the permission such that when I log on to my account through putty and when i execute the the bash script only I will be able to transfer the files...what will be perfect chmod permissions..?Please guide

Hi,

sorry but please guide me on this, as i am stuck up on this.. thanks in advance..!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission for file movement.

Hi , How will put the condition whether the file has permission to move from one location to another in scripting? Regards Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in a log file with little movement

I have a script which tails a log file and if it finds certain strings in the data tailed it sends an email, basically like this: tail -f logfile > tmp.file & sleep 10 kill $! STRING=$(grep -c "string" tmp.file) && echo $STRING | mailx -s "Warning.." admin@123.com When the string is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp-Script log file

Hi, I would like to handle the each file start and end time of the file transfer using sftp command. Can you please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] help clean up file movement script

Hello Group, Once again another script hacked together from a few sources to try and suit my needs. This is to go through a /temp directory and for each ls entry ask which Dir of three I want it sorted. The script works but there are a few behaviors that are odd so I figured I'd ask for help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer file via SFTP

Hi all, I'm trying to do a script to transfer file between my server and an external server via SFTP protocol. It doesn't use rsa key, but password. When I run the script, it throw back a prompt that request me to put the password. How should I do for automatic login? Pleaes help :( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

8. Open Source

Shell script file movement to a Mail Box server using ftp commands

Hi All, I have a current Process that runs "windows script " for the file movement that needs to changed to a "DataStage Process (Using shell script )" Source :Text file is getting generated as part of Datastage Jobs processes and resides in a shared drive (Unix server) Target :ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File movement based on peak hours ( 10AM - 3PM )

Hi , I came across a requirement in writing a script to move files from one location to another location having the number of files limited based on the server time. For example: In total number of files , I have to move files in below order 00 hours - 6AM 10% of the total number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthivel021
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automatic file movement between folders

Hello There, Here is the use cases Input folders dropbox/project/abc/ dropbox/project/pqr/ dropbox/project/lmn/ dropbox/project/xyz/ Target Folders /data/abc/ /data/pqr/ /data/lmn/ /data/xyz/ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TreasureCookies
2 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)