Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to display directory info with ps command Post 302572930 by agama on Friday 11th of November 2011 06:48:13 PM
Old 11-11-2011
Try:
Code:
nohup $PWD/start_embargoAdapter >/dev/null 2>&1 &

That should expand the current working directory on the command line and be captured for ps to display.
This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older then today & display with timestamp info

Small query- I want to do some operation on all the files older then today. Before I do that operation, i want to verify if the command works properly or not. Surprisingly, the command below returns me file, which are created today - find /mrk_archive/PG/ftp/incomming/gbs/2008 -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
2 Replies

2. Programming

program or script to display user info

I'm on a Linux machine and need a program that will display user information as follows: user name, user directory and current date & time. I think we can compile C, C++ and Perl. All help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flasun
4 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0

hi all, unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0 in alarm it is giving error info i.e..Agent on host (.....),1161 port not responding. plz try to solve the problem Regards spandhan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
5 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0

Hi all, unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0 in alarm it is giving error info i.e..Agent on host (.....),1161 port not responding. Iam using M9000 server solaris 10 plz try to solve the problem Regards spandhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai, I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc". (here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.) i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Event logging to file and display to console | tee command is not able to log all info.

My intention is to log the output to a file as well as it should be displayed on the console > I have used tee ( tee -a ${filename} ) command for this purpose. This is working as expected for first few outputs, after some event loggin nothing is gettting logged in to the file but It is displaying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Info Display

I have written the following bash function prArgv Suppose the calling sequence is as follows prArgv VAL1 VAL2 DESC VAL3 VAL4 v2d1 s4 p15 The call will look at the tag k1v2, add the numbers together, in this case 2+1=3 This means that the function will look at the first 3 user arguments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies
NOHUP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup -- invoke a command immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
nohup utility [arg ...] DESCRIPTION
The nohup command allows the specified utility to be protected from termination if the user should become logged out (for example, due to a modem line or TCP/IP connection being dropped). To do this, nohup sets the SIGHUP signal(3) (``terminal line hangup'') to be ignored, then executes utility along with any arguments. If the standard output is a terminal, the standard output is appended to the file nohup.out in the current directory. If standard error is a terminal, it is directed to the same place as the standard output. If the output file nohup.out cannot be created in the current directory, nohup attempts to create the file in the user's home directory. If the file nohup.out cannot be created, either in the current directory or the user's home directory, nohup will exit without invoking utility, with an exit value as described below. ENVIRONMENT
The following variable is used by nohup. HOME User's home directory. EXIT STATUS
The nohup utility exits with one of the following values: 126 The utility was found but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found or an error occurred in nohup. Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of utility. SEE ALSO
signal(3) STANDARDS
The nohup command is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
July 15, 2005 BSD