Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compare and merging the differences in text file Post 302572922 by vgersh99 on Friday 11th of November 2011 05:30:01 PM
Old 11-11-2011
I don't quite understand why you need to all these steps, but that's beyond the point - you probably know better.
You can streamline all of these like so, e.g.:
Code:

sdiff -W -w 168 -l file1 file2 | colrm 82 | tr -d '\015' > Tr_file1

The same to be done for the other file.

For the 'The only issue' part.... I don't quite follow what you're after. Can you provide a snippet of a file BEFORE and AFTER - just a small snippet to illustrate the dilemma.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging few columns of two text files to a new file

hi i need to select a few columns of two txt files and write it to a new file. there is one common field for both of these files. plz help me in this thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolvi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files for a single column and output differences

Hi, I have a column in 2 different files which i want to compare, and output the results to a different file. The columns are in different positions in those 2 files. File 1 the column is in position 10-15 File 2 the column is in position 15-20 Please advise Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Differences in different directories

Hello, I am new to scripting and have been trying to compare two different directories, but with all the same file names in each directory for file changes. I have been doing it in baby steps and have been doing pretty good, but I have hit a few snags. Test 1 and Test 2 work great, but my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmaday
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two text files and Only show the differences

Hi experts, I'mvery new to shell scripting and learning it now currently i am having a problem which may look easy to u :) i have two files File 1: Start :Thu Nov 19 10:33:09 2009 ABCDGFSDJ.txt APDemoNew.ppt APDemoOutline.doc ARDemoNew.ppt ARDemoOutline.doc File 2: Start... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CelvinSaran
10 Replies

5. HP-UX

Compare 2 systems to find any differences

Hi there, I have 2 machines running HP-UX. One off these controllers is able to send mail and the other cannot. I have looked at all the settings that I know and coannot find any differences. Is there a way to audit the 2 machinces by pulling all the settings then compare any differences? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging lines in a text file

hi, I have a file as below: Name: some_name Date: some_date Function Name: <some_function_name(jjjjjjjjj, fjddddd, gggg, ggg)> Changes:<Change A more of change A> Name: some_name Date: some_date Function Name: some_function_nameB(jjjjjjjjj, fjddddd, gggg, ggg) Changes:Change B... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare the two files and list out differences between the two

Hi, I need to compare the two files and list out difference between the two. Please assist. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two big files for differences using Linux

Hello everybody Looking for help in comparing two files in Linux(files are big 800MB each). Example:- File1 has below data $ cat file1 5,6,3 2.1.4 1,1,1 8,9,1 File2 has below data $ cat file2 5,6,3 8,9,8 1,2,1 2,1,4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two big files for differences using Linux

Hello everybody Looking for help in comparing two files in Linux(files are big 800MB each). Example:- File1 has below data $ cat file1 5,6,3 2.1.4 1,1,1 8,9,1 File2 has below data $ cat file2 5,6,3 8,9,8 1,2,1 2,1,4 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh / AIX - Differences between lists to a text file

This seems pretty simple, but I cant figure it out. I get stumped on the simple things. I am running two commands 1) take a listing a directory of files, and filter out the doc_name (which is in a series of extracted files), and place it in a file. ls -l | awk '{print $9}' | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies
BLOCKDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      BLOCKDIAG(1)

NAME
blockdiag - generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
blockdiag [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the blockdiag commands. blockdiag is a program that generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the SEE ALSO. --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help Show summary of options -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram --fontmap=FONT use FONTMAP file to draw diagram -s, --separate Separate diagram images for each group -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format --nodoctype Do not output doctype definition tags (SVG only) --no-transparency do not make transparent background of diagram (PNG only) SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/blockdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
blockdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 9, 2011 BLOCKDIAG(1)