Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Automating Interactive password change Post 302572879 by dr46014 on Friday 11th of November 2011 12:36:15 PM
Old 11-11-2011
i tried with exit but still its not working.

Below is the error :
Code:
$spawn ./ldap_pwd_prompt.ksh
sh: /usr/local/bin/stty: not found
Enter existing login password:
New Password:
Re-enter new Password:
Permission denied

and it does not go to the prompt again.
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/expect
set timeout 10
set curpass [lindex $argv 0]
set newpass [lindex $argv 1]
spawn ./ldap_pwd_prompt.ksh
expect "Enter existing login password:"
send "$curpass\r"
expect "New Password:"
send "$newpass\r"
expect "Re-enter new Password:"
send "$newpass\r"
expect eof
exit;

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums.

Last edited by vbe; 11-11-2011 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: typos

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating interactive scripts

Hi all, I am trying to write a program that will automate interactive scripts that use 'pkgadd'. Easily enough I can use 'pkgask' and a response file for most of what I want to do, but unfortunately there are parts of some pkg installations that are configured to only take input from /dev/tty!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookoo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating password ?

Hi all, I want to write a script which logs into a database (DB2). To do this i need to have a password. This will be done lots and lots of times, so i need to modify the script to automate the response to the password request. How do i this, because at present i do the following: db2 connect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liamo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating password change

Hi, I'm trying to create a shell to change some user password with random string. I've tried to use stdin redirection to supply the new password by a response file: passwd theuser < respfile but I continue to be prompted for supplying pwd via console keyboard. Can you help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nisant
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Non-interactive password change?

Does anyone know how I can do a non-interactive password change in Solaris 8 and 10? Using Sed to edit the passwd file, or Expect to automate the process has already been considered.... I'm looking for something more direct. Your guidance is appreciated. akbar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating ssh session with password

Hi Can anyone help me in automate a ssh session with password using shell script (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Interactive script

I have a script that will install software on all remote host. At the end of the script it starts the install.sh part and goes into a interactive mode asking Yes or No questions and prompting to add a username and password. My question is how can I script this so that these questions are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating username / password entry

I have a database that contains a list of server names, and the password for the root user on several servers (100+). I need to verify the passwords for each of the servers in an automated fashion because the database continues to grow. All of the users that I'm going to test are ROOT. I can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeck22
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating an interactive process with EOF string

Hello, I'm running Stockfish chess engine ( Home - Stockfish - Open Source Chess Engine ) CLI on Linux in interactive mode which is working fine. root@ubuntu1950x:~# ./stockfish Stockfish 080218 64 POPCNT by T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott setoption name Debug Log File... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automating UNIX/Solaris password resets

Hi, we are running solaris 5.10 and looking for solutions to automate password resets? Plz assist. Thanks, Sridhar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvgms
6 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
SKEY(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SKEY(1)

NAME
skey -- respond to an OTP challenge SYNOPSIS
skey [-n count] [-p password] [-t hash] [-x] sequence# [/] key DESCRIPTION
S/Key is a One Time Password (OTP) authentication system. It is intended to be used when the communication channel between a user and host is not secure (e.g. not encrypted or hardwired). Since each password is used only once, even if it is "seen" by a hostile third party, it cannot be used again to gain access to the host. S/Key uses 64 bits of information, transformed by the MD4 algorithm into 6 English words. The user supplies the words to authenticate him- self to programs like login(1) or ftpd(8). Example use of the S/Key program skey: % skey 99 th91334 Enter password: <your secret password is entered here> OMEN US HORN OMIT BACK AHOY % The string that is given back by skey can then be used to log into a system. The programs that are part of the S/Key system are: skeyinit(1) used to set up your S/Key. skey used to get the one time password(s). skeyinfo(1) used to initialize the S/Key database for the specified user. It also tells the user what the next challenge will be. skeyaudit(1) used to inform users that they will soon have to rerun skeyinit(1). When you run skeyinit(1) you inform the system of your secret password. Running skey then generates the one-time password(s), after requir- ing your secret password. If however, you misspell your secret password that you have given to skeyinit(1) while running skey you will get a list of passwords that will not work, and no indication about the problem. Password sequence numbers count backward from 99. You can enter the passwords using small letters, even though skey prints them capitalized. The -n count argument asks for count password sequences to be printed out ending with the requested sequence number. The hash algorithm is selected using the -t hash option, possible choices here are md4, md5 or sha1. The -p password allows the user to specify the S/Key password on the command line. To output the S/Key list in hexadecimal instead of words, use the -x option. EXAMPLES
Initialize generation of one time passwords: host% skeyinit Password: <normal login password> [Adding username] Enter secret password: <new secret password> Again secret password: <new secret password again> ID username s/key is 99 host12345 Next login password: SOME SIX WORDS THAT WERE COMPUTED Produce a list of one time passwords to take with to a conference: host% skey -n 3 99 host12345 Enter secret password: <secret password as used with skeyinit> 97: NOSE FOOT RUSH FEAR GREY JUST 98: YAWN LEO DEED BIND WACK BRAE 99: SOME SIX WORDS THAT WERE COMPUTED Logging in to a host where skey is installed: host% telnet host login: <username> Password [s/key 97 host12345]: Note that the user can use either his/her S/Key password at the prompt but also the normal one unless the -s flag is given to login(1). SEE ALSO
login(1), skeyaudit(1), skeyinfo(1), skeyinit(1), ftpd(8) RFC 2289 TRADEMARKS AND PATENTS
S/Key is a trademark of Bellcore. AUTHORS
Phil Karn Neil M. Haller John S. Walden Scott Chasin BSD
July 25, 2001 BSD