Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List files using { } meta character Post 302572812 by farash on Friday 11th of November 2011 07:11:19 AM
Old 11-11-2011
thanx jim

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Meta Devices

I have added a sun storage array from a faiulty server onto a new server and copied the md.conf files etc. I can now access the /dev/md/dsk file systems, but I want to delete some metadevices that do not exist (it still thinks the 0 and 1 (root /var /export) disk are mirrored. How do I do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzmosiz
8 Replies

2. Solaris

What is Meta Database ?

Hi Guys, what is a meta file system ? what is it use for? What is /etc/vfstab? What is the relationship between the "vfstab file and meta file system. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlee
1 Replies

3. Solaris

What is Meta Database ?

Hi Guys, what is a meta file system ? what is it use for? What is /etc/vfstab? What is the relationship between the "vfstab file and meta file system. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meta character for the Ctrl button?

In this script I have, it says press Ctrl+W+? for help, but it doesn't do anything. I looked in the script and it binds: bind ^W meta2_character. How do I make it the Ctrl button so I can do Ctrl+W? (There are some other commands that use Ctrl+W+another character/letter/number.) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking a file into three new files, character by character

I am new to shell scripting, and need a script to randomly distribute each character from a file into one of three new files. I also need each character to maintain it's position from the original file in the new file (such that if a character is written to File 1, Files 2 and 3 have spaces... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxcastle
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Meta character understanding

Hello All, I have some expression: if (/^(\d\d\d\d\d\.\d\d\d\d\d\d)\s+(.+)$/) { warn "$argv0(" . __LINE__ . "): rbl2ts{$2} == '$rbl2ts{$2}' \$1==$1\n" if ($debug); $rbl2ts{$2} = $1 if (!defined($rbl2ts{$2}) or ($1 le $rbl2ts{$2})); warn "$argv0(" . __LINE__ . "):... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt with regexp-meta character

Hi, I am learning reg exp a bit :) Meta char info: {n,m} Matches the preceding character at least n times but not more than m times, for example, 'ba{2,3}b' will find 'baab' and 'baaab' but NOT 'bab' or 'baaaab'. Values are enclosed in braces (curly brackets). Input file: 112 11112... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meta charcters

Find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
0 Replies
meta(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    meta(3XCURSES)

NAME
meta - enable/disable meta keys SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int meta(WINDOW *win, bool bf); PARAMETERS
win Is an ignored parameter. bf Is a Boolean expression. DESCRIPTION
Whether a terminal returns 7 or 8 significant bits initially depends on the control mode of the terminal driver. The meta() function forces the number of bits to be returned by getch(3XCURSES) to be 7 (if bf is FALSE) or 8 (if bf is TRUE). If the program handling the data can only pass 7-bit characters or strips the 8th bit, 8 bits cannot be handled. If the terminfo capabilities smm (meta_on) and rmm (meta_off) are defined for the terminal, smm is sent to the terminal when meta(win, TRUE) is called, and rmm is sent when meta(win, FALSE) is called. This function is useful when extending the non-text command set in applications where the META key is used. RETURN VALUES
On success, the meta() function returns OK. Otherwise, it returns ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 meta(3XCURSES)