Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to set 4 SEA on single VIOS Post 302572737 by nagarjunatula on Thursday 10th of November 2011 11:05:45 PM
Old 11-11-2011
hi,
do u set promiscious mode for the ports which ur configuring as sea?
Configure each sea in different VLAN ID then first sea wont be fail.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call single function multiple times diff set of parameters

Okay, not sure if it can be done, I would think it could be done and I'm just having a hard time with it. fun_close_wait(){ ipVar="${1} ${2}" portVar=`cat "${5}" | cut -d' ' -f 1` for ip in $ipVar do for port in $portVar do netstatVar=`netstat -n | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
4 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS SEA on LHEA doesn't work

I am trying to create a SEA on a LHEA port and it gives me error lsdev -Cc adapter: ent0 logical host ethernet port (l-hea) ent1 virtual I/O ethernet adapter mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent1 -default ent1 -defaultid 199 method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea): Failed to configure SEA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

3. AIX

VIOS SEA Creation

Hi Guys, I'm getting the below error while trying to create a SEA adapter in VIOS $ mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

4. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

5. Linux

Set password in single command

Hi, Can we set password for linux in non-interactive mode. I didn't find suitable option for this in man page. If we wnter "passwd" command, it will tell "Enter password" and "Re-enter password". i wanted to run this step in a script, and i don't want to use "expect" so i am looking for a single... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: successlin
8 Replies

6. AIX

Configure VIOS SEA w. load sharing

I am trying to install a VIOS pair with a load-sharing SEA adapter, following this recipe from Developerworks. Without load-sharing everything went fine and worked as expected, but somehow i am a bit lost and the first tries with "ha_mode=sharing" didn't work at all. Here is the situation: I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
6 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

8. AIX

SEA configuration

i want configure a SEA over my vios , i have a message error : Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea): Failed to configure SEA with return code 1 and SEA-specific error code 10: Detailed info: Setting real adapter ent1 in promiscuous mode failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedou
5 Replies

9. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies

10. AIX

VIOS entstat versus seastat for SEA

Hello, I found that the packet counts given by entstat -d SEA is not the same as the total of the packet counts given by seastat -d SEA for the same interval of time. Do anyone have an explanation for the difference. We recently got a recommendation that the throughput on an SEA should not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N8R
5 Replies
GLTEXGEN(3G)															      GLTEXGEN(3G)

NAME
glTexGend, glTexGenf, glTexGeni, glTexGendv, glTexGenfv, glTexGeniv - control the generation of texture coordinates C SPECIFICATION
void glTexGend( GLenum coord, GLenum pname, GLdouble param ) void glTexGenf( GLenum coord, GLenum pname, GLfloat param ) void glTexGeni( GLenum coord, GLenum pname, GLint param ) PARAMETERS
coord Specifies a texture coordinate. Must be one of GL_S, GL_T, GL_R, or GL_Q. pname Specifies the symbolic name of the texture-coordinate generation function. Must be GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE. param Specifies a single-valued texture generation parameter, one of GL_OBJECT_LINEAR, GL_EYE_LINEAR, or GL_SPHERE_MAP. C SPECIFICATION
void glTexGendv( GLenum coord, GLenum pname, const GLdouble *params ) void glTexGenfv( GLenum coord, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params ) void glTexGeniv( GLenum coord, GLenum pname, const GLint *params ) PARAMETERS
coord Specifies a texture coordinate. Must be one of GL_S, GL_T, GL_R, or GL_Q. pname Specifies the symbolic name of the texture-coordinate generation function or function parameters. Must be GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, or GL_EYE_PLANE. params Specifies a pointer to an array of texture generation parameters. If pname is GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, then the array must contain a single symbolic constant, one of GL_OBJECT_LINEAR, GL_EYE_LINEAR, or GL_SPHERE_MAP. Otherwise, params holds the coefficients for the texture-coordinate generation function specified by pname. DESCRIPTION
glTexGen selects a texture-coordinate generation function or supplies coefficients for one of the functions. coord names one of the (s, t, r, q) texture coordinates; it must be one of the symbols GL_S, GL_T, GL_R, or GL_Q. pname must be one of three symbolic constants: GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, or GL_EYE_PLANE. If pname is GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, then params chooses a mode, one of GL_OBJECT_LINEAR, GL_EYE_LINEAR, or GL_SPHERE_MAP. If pname is either GL_OBJECT_PLANE or GL_EYE_PLANE, params contains coefficients for the corresponding texture generation function. If the texture generation function is GL_OBJECT_LINEAR, the function g = p1xo + p2yo + p3zo + p4wo is used, where g is the value computed for the coordinate named in coord, p1, p2, p3 and p4 are the four values supplied in params, and xo, yo, zo, and wo are the object coordinates of the vertex. This function can be used, for example, to texture-map terrain using sea level as a reference plane (defined by p1, p2, p3, and p4). The altitude of a terrain vertex is computed by the GL_OBJECT_LINEAR coordinate genera- tion function as its distance from sea level; that altitude can then be used to index the texture image to map white snow onto peaks and green grass onto foothills. If the texture generation function is GL_EYE_LINEAR, the function g = p1'xe + p2'ye + p3'ze + p4'we is used, where (p1' p2' p3' p4') = (p1 p2 p3 p4) M^-1 and xe, ye, ze, and we are the eye coordinates of the vertex, p1, p2, p3, and p4 are the values supplied in params, and M is the modelview matrix when glTexGen is invoked. If M is poorly conditioned or singular, texture coordinates generated by the resulting function may be inaccurate or undefined. Note that the values in params define a reference plane in eye coordinates. The modelview matrix that is applied to them may not be the same one in effect when the polygon vertices are transformed. This function establishes a field of texture coordinates that can produce dynamic contour lines on moving objects. If pname is GL_SPHERE_MAP and coord is either GL_S or GL_T, s and t texture coordinates are generated as follows. Let u be the unit vector pointing from the origin to the polygon vertex (in eye coordinates). Let n sup prime be the current normal, after transformation to eye coordinates. Let f = (fx fy fz)^T be the reflection vector such that f = u - 2 n' n'^T u Finally, let m = 2 sqrt( fx^2 + fy^2 + (fz + 1)^2). Then the values assigned to the s and t texture coordinates are s = (fx/m) + (1/2) t = (fy/m) + (1/2) To enable or disable a texture-coordinate generation function, call glEnable or glDisable with one of the symbolic texture-coordinate names (GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S, GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T, GL_TEXTURE_GEN_R, or GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q) as the argument. When enabled, the specified texture coordi- nate is computed according to the generating function associated with that coordinate. When disabled, subsequent vertices take the speci- fied texture coordinate from the current set of texture coordinates. Initially, all texture generation functions are set to GL_EYE_LINEAR and are disabled. Both s plane equations are (1, 0, 0, 0), both t plane equations are (0, 1, 0, 0), and all r and q plane equations are (0, 0, 0, 0). When the GL_ARB_multitexture extension is supported, glTexGen set the texture generation parameters for the currently active texture unit, selected with glActiveTextureARB. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated when coord or pname is not an accepted defined value, or when pname is GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE and params is not an accepted defined value. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated when pname is GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, params is GL_SPHERE_MAP, and coord is either GL_R or GL_Q. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glTexGen is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetTexGen glIsEnabled with argument GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S glIsEnabled with argument GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T glIsEnabled with argument GL_TEXTURE_GEN_R glIsEnabled with argument GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q SEE ALSO
glActiveTextureARB, glCopyPixels, glCopyTexImage2D, glCopyTexSubImage1D, glCopyTexSubImage2D, glCopyTexSubImage3D, glTexEnv, glTexImage1D, glTexImage2D, glTexImage3D, glTexParameter, glTexSubImage1D, glTexSubImage2D, glTexSubImage3D GLTEXGEN(3G)