Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Adding Virtual Adapter to LPAR Post 302572733 by audis$ on Thursday 10th of November 2011 09:33:14 PM
Old 11-10-2011
Adding Virtual Adapter to LPAR

Hello, hopefully someone can help me out with this, I have created a virtual Ethernet adapter on the VIO but would like to add it to my new LPAR.

On my VIO only my disk is mapped.
Code:
$ lsmap -all
SVSA Physloc Client Partition ID
--------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------
vhost0 U8234.EMA.101D2D4-V1-C20 0x00000000
VTD vtscsi0
Status Available
LUN 0x8100000000000000
Backing device hdisk1
Physloc U789D.001.DQD26X7-P3-D5

$ lsdev -slots
# Slot Description Device(s)
U789D.001.DQD26X7-P1-T3 Logical I/O Slot pci6 sissas0
U8234.EMA.101D2D4-V1-C0 Virtual I/O Slot vsa0
U8234.EMA.101D2D4-V1-C13 Virtual I/O Slot ent4
U8234.EMA.101D2D4-V1-C14 Virtual I/O Slot ent5
U8234.EMA.101D2D4-V1-C19 Virtual I/O Slot ent6
U8234.EMA.101D2D4-V1-C20 Virtual I/O Slot vhost0

Last edited by vbe; 11-12-2011 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: code tags please

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help urgent : vio server - add extral disk on virtual lpar

Hi, I define 2 new LV on the vio server and run a cfgmgr on the partition and see my 2 new hdisk (hdisk6 and hdisk7). I extend my vg vg000 (on the partition) and add the 2 hdisks. I had a filesystem on the vg000 and when I added the disk I would like to increase the filesystem. But I cannot do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

2. AIX

Power6 Virtual Fibre Channel Adapter

Hello, Searched in all IBM Redbooks and on the internet and couldn't find anything about the new feature of POWER 6 which Virtual Fibre ( Fiber ) channel adapter. It is similar to virtual scsi adapter. In my client partition I created the virtual Fibre Adapter mapped it with the VIO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. Programming

Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct)

Hi, I found on linuxgazette.net/93/bhaskaran.html page very useful sample of virtual driver (not connected to real hardware). I try to compile it with no effect. So: I got fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14) My source is saved in networkAdapter.c file in /usr/src/myModules directory. I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
21 Replies

4. AIX

How to open multiple virtual terminals to a single LPAR

I just wondering if there are ways to open multiple virtual terminal to a single LPAR. After I have use putty to login to the VIOS. I will use mkvt -id <LPAR id> to open console but if my friend want to open 2 second one, it will say, VT already connected. IS there a way to work this around ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingcross
1 Replies

5. AIX

Setting up an Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter

All I am trying allocate an IVE to an LPAR (not a VIO) running AIX 7.1. I am getting the error: HSCL068A Explanation Logical port can not be assigned to Logical Partition because this Logical Partition is not the promiscuous LPAR for the physical port. Has anyone encountered this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Virtual Adapter MAC address..

Hi, I just want to know whether two MAC address can exist in a adapter.. I mean one there will be mandatory one And another as user defined one.. Any replies will be more helpful.. Please help.. :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
0 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies

8. AIX

Adding disk to my lpar

hi all i have entered Aix environment 4 months had experienced in linux what i am facing is i am unable to do sort of RnD with aix like installation on my own, creating vgs managing networks, the VIOS, storage,lpars, So we have a setup here almost all are in live production environment with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vax
4 Replies

9. AIX

Startx xclock on virtual lpar

Hello, Is there a way to run xclock or startx on LPAR, since LPAR doesn't have any console or it is connected to HMC usually the way is to export the display to some PC which has Xmanager running on it, but in my case, I want to run xmanager on the AIX Lpar and run on it the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

10. AIX

LPAR missing virtual interface

Note: Newbie to IBM virtualization :-) Query: Created a new AIX7.1 lpar on a system with same config as one before however the new one is having issues going out to physical network. Now on comparison the only thing which differs between these two machines is an additional en1 and ent1 shown... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: max
7 Replies
Distances(3)						     Hardware Locality (hwloc)						      Distances(3)

NAME
Distances - Functions static inline struct hwloc_distances_s * hwloc_get_whole_distance_matrix_by_depth (hwloc_topology_t topology, unsigned depth)" static inline struct hwloc_distances_s * hwloc_get_whole_distance_matrix_by_type (hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_type_t type)" static inline struct hwloc_distances_s * hwloc_get_distance_matrix_covering_obj_by_depth (hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj, unsigned depth, unsigned *firstp)" static inline int hwloc_get_latency (hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj1, hwloc_obj_t obj2, float *latency, float *reverse_latency) Detailed Description Function Documentation static inline struct hwloc_distances_s* hwloc_get_distance_matrix_covering_obj_by_depth (hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_obj_tobj, unsigneddepth, unsigned *firstp) [static], [read] Get distances for the given depth and covering some objects. Return a distance matrix that describes depth depth and covers at least object obj and all its children. When looking for the distance between some objects, a common ancestor should be passed in obj. firstp is set to logical index of the first object described by the matrix. The returned structure belongs to the hwloc library. The caller should not modify or free it. static inline int hwloc_get_latency (hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_obj_tobj1, hwloc_obj_tobj2, float *latency, float *reverse_latency) [static] Get the latency in both directions between two objects. Look at ancestor objects from the bottom to the top until one of them contains a distance matrix that matches the objects exactly. latency gets the value from object obj1 to obj2, while reverse_latency gets the reverse-direction value, which may be different on some architectures. Returns: -1 if no ancestor contains a matching latency matrix. static inline struct hwloc_distances_s* hwloc_get_whole_distance_matrix_by_depth (hwloc_topology_ttopology, unsigneddepth) [static], [read] Get the distances between all objects at the given depth. Returns: a distances structure containing a matrix with all distances between all objects at the given depth. Slot i+nbobjs*j contains the distance from the object of logical index i the object of logical index j. Note: This function only returns matrices covering the whole topology, without any unknown distance value. Those matrices are available in top-level object of the hierarchy. Matrices of lower objects are not reported here since they cover only part of the machine. The returned structure belongs to the hwloc library. The caller should not modify or free it. Returns: NULL if no such distance matrix exists. static inline struct hwloc_distances_s* hwloc_get_whole_distance_matrix_by_type (hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_obj_type_ttype) [static], [read] Get the distances between all objects of a given type. Returns: a distances structure containing a matrix with all distances between all objects of the given type. Slot i+nbobjs*j contains the distance from the object of logical index i the object of logical index j. Note: This function only returns matrices covering the whole topology, without any unknown distance value. Those matrices are available in top-level object of the hierarchy. Matrices of lower objects are not reported here since they cover only part of the machine. The returned structure belongs to the hwloc library. The caller should not modify or free it. Returns: NULL if no such distance matrix exists. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Hardware Locality (hwloc) from the source code. Version 1.7 Sun Apr 7 2013 Distances(3)