Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System will not boot
Operating Systems Solaris System will not boot Post 302572712 by brownwrap on Friday 11th of November 2011 12:09:15 PM
Old 11-11-2011
Yes, we did try a boot -r from the ok prompt and we still get the same error. Unfortunately we do not have ready access to the equipment. It is in a secured area and the only way we can get to it at this hour is through a Lantronix box. We log into the Lantronix and it connects through a management port. We can power it down, reboot, halt, etc.

---------- Post updated 11-11-11 at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous update was 11-10-11 at 06:23 PM ----------

We ended up reloading the system. We had a flash archive from the 5th. Originally we had a mirrored root disk. We reloaded using the flash and then mounted the 2nd disks, so we have everything. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System boot configuration

On my PC I have two hard disks, the first with Windows 98 SE and the second with Linux Mandrake 8.0 (Traktopel). When I have installed Linux, it has modified the boot record of the 1st HD and it has added a graphic menu (LILO) for selecting the OS to use. By default, if I don't press a key, Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot from a remote system

I have a diskless work station. i want to boot from a remote linux machine. what changes i will have to do in configuration. Plz tell me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemant29
1 Replies

3. SCO

Can't boot system--help

I get a message saying Not enough space to dump xxxxx pages Press any key to reboot Safe to power off After rebooting it never gets to the "Press CTRL D to continue or enter password for single user" message before it goes back to "Not enough space..." message above. Vicious cycle. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deloev
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help boot system erro

being nosey on sons laptop and set a password and now need to undo this but its in the boot system :eek::eek::eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hempel
4 Replies

5. Solaris

System boot up log file

Hi, where can I check the system boot up log file like those message when the system booting up.... Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: efang
14 Replies

6. AIX

System Hanging on boot

Hello: Hope someone can help. Yesterday we did a mksysb backup of one of our AIX boxes and now the server is hanging at "Multi-User initialization completed" prompt. Can someone help in troubleshooting this error? If you need more info please just let me know what you need. I'm not that... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
17 Replies

7. Red Hat

System fail to boot

Hi im using centos 6.4 starting yesterday i have a strange issue that im unable to resolve. the system is booting to GRUB menu and the os is not starting. i tried to run a repair install and the message attached is what i get, what can cause this? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

8. AIX

System can't boot up after power outage

Hello Forum, I am very newbie with AIX. We have 2 AIX 9111-285 servers. The OS version is 5.3. After the power outage, they did not come up. I try to unplug the power cable and re-connect after 1 minutes but do not help. Both display the same reference code 110000AC on the front panel... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent: UNIX system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System cannot boot up

Hi, I got stuck in a very messy situation yesterday after attempting to resolve a filesystem full issue. The user reported that their filesystem (/var/DWS) was 100% full even after moving few files of sizes 14G, 30G and 50G out of the directory. I checked the filesystem once more after this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)