Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers swap issues, system is running at 99% Post 302572706 by Corona688 on Thursday 10th of November 2011 05:33:30 PM
Old 11-10-2011
zombie processes don't use memory, ignore it. Zombies are harmless unless they accumulate.

Look for what's using all the memory instead. Just ps aux | less and scroll through it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What swap is my system running on?

hi all, i need to know what swap my system is running on... Sun-Fire-880 is my system... physical memory= 16GB (8 CPU's) i know generally we keep swap 2 times of real memory... i want to know what is current swap my system is running? following is the o/p of swap -s: Wed Mar 29 16:08:08... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

2. Solaris

swap space in veritas file system

hi every one , i know how to add swap space in ufs file system. but i m facing problem in veritas file system . i wants to know how will i create swap or add new swap space in existing swap space . Note: disk under veritas volume manager control . please help me to solve this issue . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samy123
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How To setup a Diskless Swap System.

This is a guide for setting up your computer with a fast swap system using usb memory sticks. A detailed study of the theories behind this setup can be found here. While this How-To does not include the CFLRU replacement algorithm, it does show the performance benefits of using NAND flash memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny_Thumbs
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

postgresql issues - system running really slow

Hi All, I'm new here. i was wondering if anyone could shed a light on the problem i am having. I use a system for distributing broadband amongst users of for example a hotel, the system was designed by someone in the US and it is based on redhat 2.4 (i know its old) and the system uses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clive306
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap file system

This questions only concerns Solaris 10. Let's say I have swap configured like so in /etc/vfstab: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 - - swap - no - /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s1 - - swap - no - /dev/md/dsk/d1 - - swap - no - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

6. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues running an awk script

Hi, I have an awk script(test.awk) as below which I am trying to execute through the following command and I am getting error as follows. Request your valid inputs on where I am going wrong. Thanks. :/usr/chandra# awk -f test.awk input.txt syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facing issues while running a cronjob !

Hi, I am trying to run a cronjob. But while doing so I am getting the following error message :- can't open yourfile in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory. No such file or directory How can I resolve this issue ? Please help. Thanks Please view this code tag video for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
14 Replies

9. Solaris

File system full, swap

hi all I am having a t5240 server in that zone is there in /var/adm/messages i am getting the following warning WARNING: /zoneroot/zonename-zone/root/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded if a swap is getting full what can i do. Please use code tags next time for your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Swap space related issues, how to recognise the newly attached disk

hi!:) i got a problem....:wall::wall: i got several disks in my diskarray. I attached new disk to allocate it to the swap space. The problem is : how to recognise the newly attached disk? I've one more requirement -:wall:- i want to run dns service on another port number.how can i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)											     DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtScrollWindowSetAreas - Sets up or adds the window region, and the horizontal or vertical scroll bar widgets to the scroll window widget.

Syntax
       void DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(widget, horizontal_scroll_bar,				vertical_scroll_bar, work_region)
	    Widget widget;
	    Widget horizontal_scroll_bar;
	    Widget vertical_scroll_bar;
	    Widget work_region;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the scroll window widget ID.

horizontal_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the scroll bar widget ID for the horizontal scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNhorizontalScrollBar.

vertical_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the  scroll  bar widget ID for the vertical scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNverticalScrollBar.

work_region
		 Specifies  the  widget  ID for the window to be associated with the scroll window work area.  You can set or specify this ID only
		 after you create an instance of the main window widget.

Description
       The DwtScrollWindowSetAreas function adds or changes a window work region and a horizontal or vertical scroll bar widget to the scroll win-
       dow  widget  for  the  application.  You must call this function before the scroll window widget is realized, that is, before calling the X
       intrinsics function XtRealizeWidget.  Each widget is optional and may be passed as NULL.

See Also
       DwtScrollWindow(3Dwt), DwtWindow(3Dwt),
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)