Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora missing x11 module, how do i get it? Post 302572640 by Creamy Goodness on Thursday 10th of November 2011 12:36:41 PM
Old 11-10-2011
Thanks for the reply.
I got some help on another forum too, I was able to figure out I need to recompile the "xorg-server" package without the --disable-dbe in the debian/rules file. Unfortunately when I put the resulting dbe.so or whatever it was called into the extensions folder, it triggers some platform security watchdog to brick my device until I reflash it. Gotta love trusted computing. I filed a bug to get the vendor to fix it in the next firmware update. It's for a Nokia N9 phone if you're wondering Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

x11

Tried to install x11 on my powerbook with tiger (apple support can't help me) I want x11 so I can install open office I don't know anything about mac ' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josiah Olson
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 problem

Hey guys, I'm on a Solaris 9 boxes and I setup Putty to do X11 forwarding I can get my Xmanager to connect and load Xwindows screens fine. But, sometimes if I lose my putty connection or the app im running crashes X freaks out and deletes my display, setting it to nothing. When I add my display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

PAM module pam_passwdqc module

Hello friends Today i have changed my passwd policy for strong password Everything is working correctly but when i changed my password , it did not ask me my old password my /etc/pam.d/system-auth file is (only passwdqc.so module line) password required pam_passwdqc.so retry=3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies

7. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

WINBIND module missing in AIX 7.1

I have installed following packages from perzl samba-winbind-clients-3.6.22-1 samba-client-3.6.22-1 samba-domainjoin-gui-3.6.22-1 samba-winbind-devel-3.6.22-1 samba-3.6.22-1 samba-common-3.6.22-1 samba-winbind-krb5-locator-3.6.22-1 samba-doc-3.6.22-1 samba-swat-3.6.22-1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxtnog
7 Replies
libgtk-x11-2.0(3)						C Library Functions						 libgtk-x11-2.0(3)

NAME
libgtk-x11-2.0 - Gimp/GNOME Toolkit DESCRIPTION
GTK+ is the Gimp/GNOME Toolkit for the X11 windowing system. It is a library for creating graphical user interfaces. GTK+ uses an object- based component hierarchy. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so Gimp/GNOME Toolkit shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gtk Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gtk-query-immodules-2.0(1), gtk-update-icon-cache(1), libcairo(3), libgdk-x11-2.0(3), libgdk_pixbuf-2.0(3), libglib-2.0(3), libgobject(3), libpango-1.0(3), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5), gnome-std-options(5), X11(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 31 Aug 2004 libgtk-x11-2.0(3)