Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH attacks
Special Forums Cybersecurity SSH attacks Post 302572627 by jgt on Thursday 10th of November 2011 11:49:55 AM
Old 11-10-2011
Yes...so first they have to guess the user id, then they have to guess the password.
The users in the office use telnet (port 23) and port 22 is the only open port in the router.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix attacks in the last 5 years.

Hi, Could anyone direct me to any sites that have any info on unix attcks or hacks in the last 5 years. This is needed for an assignment. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suzant
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Denial of Services Attacks and Vulnerabilities

I've recently registered for the site and have found it very useful thus far. However, I am a student currently researching network attacks, specifically, denial of services and the damage posed to operating systems. If you have any information about this topic, please send to me. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darandkat
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Stanford security experts unveil defenses against ‘phishing’ attacks

It's an online con that is growing fast and stealing tens of millions of dollars. An e-mail seemingly from a financial institution instructs you to log on to a legitimate-looking Web site. Such “phishing” attacks exploit a universal weakness in online security: passwords. To read the rest of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOverLord
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies
SPICY-STATS(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SPICY-STATS(1)

NAME
spicy-stats - Spice client used for testing and measurements SYNOPSIS
spicy-stats [--uri=<uri>] [-h, --host=<host>] [-p, --port=<port>] [-s, --secure-port=<port>] [-w, --password=<password>] [--version] [-?, --help] DESCRIPTION
spicy-stats connects to Spice server and writes out a summary of connection details, amount of bytes transferred... OPTIONS
--uri= <uri> Spice server uri. -h, --host=<host> Spice server address. -p, --port=<port> Spice server port -s, --secure-port=<port> Spice server secure port -w, --password=<password> Spice server password --version Display spicy-stats version -?, --help Display help information SEE ALSO
spicec(1) spicy(1) Spice related documents can be found at http://www.spice-space.org/documentation.html AUTHOR
Spice project This manual page was written by Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. August 15, 2011 SPICY-STATS(1)