Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH attacks
Special Forums Cybersecurity SSH attacks Post 302572623 by Corona688 on Thursday 10th of November 2011 11:45:17 AM
Old 11-10-2011
Do you mean you've configured it so only that randomly-generated user can ssh in?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix attacks in the last 5 years.

Hi, Could anyone direct me to any sites that have any info on unix attcks or hacks in the last 5 years. This is needed for an assignment. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suzant
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Denial of Services Attacks and Vulnerabilities

I've recently registered for the site and have found it very useful thus far. However, I am a student currently researching network attacks, specifically, denial of services and the damage posed to operating systems. If you have any information about this topic, please send to me. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darandkat
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Stanford security experts unveil defenses against ‘phishing’ attacks

It's an online con that is growing fast and stealing tens of millions of dollars. An e-mail seemingly from a financial institution instructs you to log on to a legitimate-looking Web site. Such “phishing” attacks exploit a universal weakness in online security: passwords. To read the rest of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOverLord
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)