Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat /etc folder deleted any solution? Post 302572621 by almirzaee on Thursday 10th of November 2011 11:31:28 AM
Old 11-10-2011
/etc folder deleted any solution?

Hi,
I accidentally deleted etc folder from root, I did a mistake by running "rm -rf /etc" Smilie
Is there anyway to repair my Fedora 13 !?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

restore deleted folder

Hi, Can someone help me out as to how to recover a deleted folder? the user id which deleted the folder is known, the approx time is known. Its urgent, plz help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboxilica
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Deleted X11R6 folder - Help!

I am not a Solaris guy by a long stretch, but I have to work with it from time to time. While doing some unrelated testing I accidentally deleted the X11R6 directory and no longer have a GUI for the console. I'm looking for help to get it back. I deleted it through the gui, so I figured I could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowdust
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recover Deleted Folder using rm command

Hi All, I accidentally deleted a important folder using rm command. Can i recover that folder. I don't have any backup mechanism. Please suggest.... its very urgant..Plz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay.gandra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
The object management API.(3)					      libmtp					     The object management API.(3)

NAME
libmtp - The object management API. Functions int LIBMTP_Delete_Object (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *, uint32_t) int LIBMTP_Set_Object_Filename (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *, uint32_t, char *) Detailed Description Function Documentation int LIBMTP_Delete_Object (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *device, uint32_tobject_id) This function deletes a single file, track, playlist, folder or any other object off the MTP device, identified by the object ID. If you delete a folder, there is no guarantee that the device will really delete all the files that were in that folder, rather it is expected that they will not be deleted, and will turn up in object listings with parent set to a non-existant object ID. The safe way to do this is to recursively delete all files (and folders) contained in the folder, then the folder itself. Parameters: device a pointer to the device to delete the object from. object_id the object to delete. Returns: 0 on success, any other value means failure. References LIBMTP_mtpdevice_struct::params. int LIBMTP_Set_Object_Filename (LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *device, uint32_tobject_id, char *newname) THIS FUNCTION IS DEPRECATED. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CODE IN ORDER NOT TO USE IT. See Also: LIBMTP_Set_File_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Track_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Playlist_Name() LIBMTP_Set_Album_Name() References LIBMTP_file_struct::filetype, and LIBMTP_Get_Filemetadata(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 The object management API.(3)