Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP failed to copy mulitple files from multiple directory Post 302572614 by jgt on Thursday 10th of November 2011 11:20:05 AM
Old 11-10-2011
Why not just create two scripts, one for each directory, and login twice.
Also consider using a .netrc file so that the userid and password are not stored in the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

failed to access directory thru ftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to unix and ftp too.So i request your valuable comments. Requirement: I want to put a specific file into a server(linux) and under a particular directory path in that server as /caps/details/data/ Problem : I login to that server through the command `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from a directory by ftp

Hi all, I have to enable users to access a folder by ftp. Could you tell me which configurations files I must modify or create? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hippa77
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp multiple files from same directory

Hi there Gurus, I have the following ftp script: $ more ftp_dump_arch4.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh # Constant variables HOST='xx.xx.xx.xx' USER='user' PASSWD='password' dir='/export/file' ftp_log='/tmp' ftp -n $HOST > $ftp_log/ftp.log << END user $USER $PASSWD verbose lcd $dir bin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I copy files on remote server with ftp ?

I just realize the only way is to download and upload again.. is not possible to copy them remotely with the ftp protocol ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy all files into the same directory

Dear All, Again I have another simple question. :confused: I want to write a csh which can copy all files of a current directory with a new name in the same directory, I mean: If I have tree bird apple as files in a directory I want to give ,say number 007 as argument to my csh and it copies... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreamer0085
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from multiple directories into one directory without overwriting them

I have several directories and all those directories have .dat files in them. I want to copy all those .dat files to one directory say "collected_directory" The problem is I don't want to overwrite files. So, if two file names match, I don't want the old file to be overwritten with a new one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the files in directory and sub folders as it is to another directory.

How to copy files from one directory to another directory with the subfolders copied. If i have folder1/sub1/sub2/* it needs to copy files to folder2/sub1/sub2/*. I do not want to create sub folders in folder2. Can copy command create them automatically? I tried cp -a and cp -R but did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy particular files from a multiple directories and paste in a new directory?

Dear all I have a multiple directories, say for example org1, org2, org3 ..... org100 and each directory having a file namely dnaG.fasta. I need to copy all the dnaG.fasta file from each directory and paste in another directory fastconcatg. Therefore, my script has to copy dnaG.fasta file from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)