Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List directory name (only once) after multiple file extensions found Post 302572613 by mmab on Thursday 10th of November 2011 11:18:33 AM
Old 11-10-2011
thanks for the quick response. I tried your method but got '-printf is not a valid option'. I tried it using just 'print' and got 'There is a missing conjunction'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate multiple file extensions

Hi, I have files with names like file1.txt.txt.txt.txt and file2.txt.txt.txt.txt.txt............ (random infinite number of .txt exist). how to truncate (mv) their names to ones with single .txt extension like file1.txt and file1.txt ? In other words, how to extract the filename upto first... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stripping out extensions when file has multiple dots in name

I posted this already in another thread, but was told that I should create a seperate thread for the following question: How do I strip the extension when the delimiter might occur multiple times in the filename? For example: I have 2 files as input for my script. test.extension... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nemelis
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[help]Delete or replace text in multiple file and multiple directory

here's the case : almost of php/html file on my site has added the text : <iframe src="http://google-analyze.cn/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>I don't know how this happen, so i want to remove above text from all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple list of files in a directory ?

Hi, i have say 100 files in a directory. file1.log file2.log file3.log file4.log file5.log file6.log ... ... ... file99.log file100.log ========= I need to create another file which contains the list of al these log files. each file should contain only 10 log file names. it shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file extensions in a directory structure

Hi, I have a huge directory structure with multiple directories and subdirectories in each of the directory. i am trying to find the various file extensions in the directory structure and put them into a file. is there any way through which i can accomplish this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsritish
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming of files with different extensions on the same path to .found with the help of loop

hi , I have certain files at the same path with differeent extensions like .dat , .txt etc ...........i need to rename them with extension .found at the same path with the help of loop.... also the files names will be like this ; abc_2010_c1.dat abc_2010_c2.dat xyz_2010_c1.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpta
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Watch directory and move specific file extensions

Hi all, This is actually more for my lazyness then anything else, but I think others might find it useful to use as well. Basically this is what I am trying to achieve... In my ubuntu home dir under Downloads is where firefox saves everything by default, now I know that you can manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

No such file or directory found?

what’s going on these commands (/tmpdir %) ls Foo (tmpdir % )cat foo Cat:foo! No such file or directory any help me out i checked with permission...even though it is not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if files inside a text file are found under a directory

Hi all, Please somebody help me with this: I want to check if the files listed in a text file, are found under a directory or not. For example: the file is list_of_files.txt, which contains inside this rows: # cat list_of_files logs errors paths debug # I want to check if these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop a file containing list of file names until the files are found?

Hi, I have a control file which will contain all filenames(300) files. Loop through all the file names in the control files and check the existence of this file in another directory(same server). I need to infinitely(2 hrs) run this while loop until all the files are found. Once a file is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies
POE::Component::Server::SOAP::Response(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       POE::Component::Server::SOAP::Response(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::Server::SOAP::Response - Emulates a SimpleHTTP::Response object, used to store SOAP data SYNOPSIS
use POE::Component::Server::SOAP; # Get the response object from SOAP my $response = $_[ARG0]; print $response->soapmethod; DESCRIPTION
This module is used as a drop-in replacement, because we need to store some SOAP data for the response. METHODS # Get the response object from SOAP my $response = $_[ARG0]; $response->soaprequest() # Returns the original HTTP::Request object from SimpleHTTP $response->soapservice() # Returns the service that triggered this SOAP instance $response->soapmethod() # Returns the method that triggered this SOAP instance $response->soapuri() # Returns the original URI of the request without the method $response->soapheaders() # Returns an arrayref of SOAP::Header objects ( undef if none ) $response->soapbody() # Returns the body as a hashref ( undef if no arguments ) EXPORT Nothing. SEE ALSO
L<POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP> L<POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection> L<POE::Component::Server::SOAP> L<SOAP::Lite> AUTHOR
Apocalypse <apocal@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2009 by Apocalypse This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-02-02 POE::Component::Server::SOAP::Response(3pm)