Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora missing x11 module, how do i get it? Post 302572587 by fpmurphy on Thursday 10th of November 2011 10:27:37 AM
Old 11-10-2011
It is not provided by default on some platforms. If it is not available as a software download from whatever distribution you are on, you will have to build libdbe.so from source and put it in the distribution's X extensions directory. Make sure you build a version that is compatible with your X server.

For example, /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions is the extensions directory on 64-bit Fedora.
BTW, Fedora ships with a libdbe.so in this directory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

x11

Tried to install x11 on my powerbook with tiger (apple support can't help me) I want x11 so I can install open office I don't know anything about mac ' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josiah Olson
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 problem

Hey guys, I'm on a Solaris 9 boxes and I setup Putty to do X11 forwarding I can get my Xmanager to connect and load Xwindows screens fine. But, sometimes if I lose my putty connection or the app im running crashes X freaks out and deletes my display, setting it to nothing. When I add my display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

PAM module pam_passwdqc module

Hello friends Today i have changed my passwd policy for strong password Everything is working correctly but when i changed my password , it did not ask me my old password my /etc/pam.d/system-auth file is (only passwdqc.so module line) password required pam_passwdqc.so retry=3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies

7. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

WINBIND module missing in AIX 7.1

I have installed following packages from perzl samba-winbind-clients-3.6.22-1 samba-client-3.6.22-1 samba-domainjoin-gui-3.6.22-1 samba-winbind-devel-3.6.22-1 samba-3.6.22-1 samba-common-3.6.22-1 samba-winbind-krb5-locator-3.6.22-1 samba-doc-3.6.22-1 samba-swat-3.6.22-1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxtnog
7 Replies
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run - run stuff in a dir where your dist is built VERSION
version 4.300020 SYNOPSIS
$ dzil run ./bin/myscript $ dzil run prove -bv t/mytest.t $ dzil run bash DESCRIPTION
This command will build your dist with Dist::Zilla, then build the distribution and then run a command in the build directory. It's something like doing this: dzil build rsync -avp My-Project-version/ .build/ cd .build perl Makefile.PL # or perl Build.PL make # or ./Build export PERL5LIB=$PWD/blib/lib:$PWD/blib/arch <your command as defined by rest of params> Except for the fact it's built directly in a subdir of .build (like .build/69105y2). A command returning with an non-zero error code will left the build directory behind for analysis, and "dzil" will exit with a non-zero status. Otherwise, the build directory will be removed and dzil will exit with status zero. If no run command is provided, a new default shell is invoked. This can be useful for testing your distribution as if it were installed. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run(3pm)