Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Understand Virtual functions Internals Post 302572583 by Corona688 on Thursday 10th of November 2011 10:18:19 AM
Old 11-10-2011
In effect, 'virtual' is what allows the program to tell whether your object is one class or another at runtime. If the base class member isn't virtual, using a 'base *' pointer will never call anything but members inside of 'base'.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-10-2011 at 11:25 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on unix internals

will anybody tell me how can i access all the fields of process table .if there is any structure and a system call please specify . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Internals Book

. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Driver
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

4. AIX

Need help understand Virtual Processors

First of all I have performed a Google search and internal search and found several descriptions but nothing I can wrap my head around and feel 100% confident about. I feel really silly for asking this as I manage a P6 570 with 12 lpars but I have difficulity with Virtual Processors. I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't understand how RS functions in awk

I learn using RS in awk to extract portion of file in this forum which is wonderful solution to the problem. However, I don't understand how exactly it operates. I don't quite understand the mechanism behind how searching for /DATA2/ can result in extracting the whole section under "DATA2" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe228
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i understand if a Java Virtual Machine is installed on Unix??

Hello, i would like to figute out, if there is any JVM installed on my unix account. How can i figure that out?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

How to switch from SVR4/BSD internals to Linux internals?

Hello, Long-time Unix hacker here - I've worked on four variants of the kernel prior to the introduction of Linux. In my spare time, I've written Linux (Ubuntu) device drivers, kernel modules, cross-compiled, and built the kernel. I'd like to do Linux internals/device drivers as a day job,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OriginalVersion
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
StateVarView(3U)					    InterViews Reference Manual 					  StateVarView(3U)

NAME
StateVarView - state variable view base class SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/stateview.h> DESCRIPTION
StateVarView is the base class for state variable views. State variable views provide a graphical interface to examining and potentially modifying a state variable subject. The StateVarView base class is an abstract class derived from MonoScene. Like MonoScene, the State- VarView class is not instantiated; instead, subclasses add state and behavior appropriate for displaying and editing their subject. Like other MonoScene subclasses, StateVarView subclasses use an interactor composition to define their appearance. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
virtual void Update() Update the state variable view in response to a change in state it depends on (typically the subject's). This operation does not normally need redefinition if Init and Stale (described below) are redefined. PROTECTED OPERATIONS
StateVarView(StateVar*) Subclass constructors normally take an instance of the corresponding subject as an argument. The base class constructor automati- cally attaches the view to the subject. virtual void Init() Initialize the view based on information in the subject. Subclasses redefine this operation according to their semantics; it does nothing by default. virtual boolean Stale() Return whether the view is in any way inconsistent with its subject. This operation always returns true by default; subclasses can redefine it to make a more discerning decision. SEE ALSO
MonoScene(3I), StateVar(3U) Unidraw 6 August 1990 StateVarView(3U)