Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stop the process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Stop the process Post 302572566 by Corona688 on Thursday 10th of November 2011 09:59:18 AM
Old 11-10-2011
If you're out of space, maybe.

Have you tried truncating the big log file?

Code:
: > /path/to/hugefile

Don't delete it, do that.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop / kill the process individually

Hi , I have a situation, where I have 10 indivudal processess started by similar instance.I say similar instance because each of them being started as a new thread: Say I've following unix process running process1_ADAP process2_ADAP process3_ADAP Current scenario: Now I have SHUTDOWN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
5 Replies

2. AIX

a process that never stop

Dears all i have an AIX box in which i am facing a problem with a process as below: /usr/dt/bin/dtexec -open 0 -ttprocid and each time i am killing this process with "kill -9" then it run again after a while. any ideas or solutions will be appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to stop the process that is running continously

Hi there, I have written a script to check daily process, each script is in a different directory. Now the first process is running fine, when it goes to the next directory the process doesn't executes. cd result/logs ref=month_1888.log echo $ref>> $logfile cd /max/tot/first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process running? Stop it

I have this "process keepalive" script: #!/bin/bash PIDFILE=/tmp/php.pid PHPSCRIPT=/home/www/mydomain.com/subdomains/www/parser.php echo 'Checking php process from PID file' if ; then PID=`cat $PIDFILE` if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $PID > /dev/null then echo "php process still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LukasB
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop the process in shell scripting?

Hi all, I have tried the below code to execute. #! /bin/bash date1=`date -d "today 08:00:00" +%s` date2=`date -d "today 08:01:00" +%s` path=/home/user01/red/IDC/sample cd $path java Cspsamp 111.19.5.172 7025 rd1 rd1 "5022=Query|5026=109378|4=627|5=E:VD|5042=$date1|5049=$date2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop and start a process every X hours

Hi, I have a parallelized Mathematica program that spans across 8 MathKernels processes running at 100% and one MathKernel (highlighted in blue) running at < 10% that controls the other 8. They look like this on the cluster: https://www.unix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5111&stc=1&d=1381245618... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovform
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to stop debug in the mid of process?

Hi Gurus, I am debugging a script. it loops filelist. since the list a very long. when debugging, I only can see the last a few lines. is there any way to stop debuger in the mid of process. the command I used for debugging is: ksh -x scriptName Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Can't stop/restart postfix - pid associated with another process

This issue could happen to any other service but in this case its commssioning Postfix - it seems i can't stop postfix as the PID relates to another service - i've delete the 'master.lock' but to no available - any ideas, memeory commands etc ? thanks in advance ps. the serve is in Production so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
2 Replies
Mojo::Log(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Mojo::Log(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Log - Simple logger SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Log; # Log to STDERR my $log = Mojo::Log->new; # Customize log file location and minimum log level my $log = Mojo::Log->new(path => '/var/log/mojo.log', level => 'warn'); # Log messages $log->debug("Why isn't this working?"); $log->info("FYI: it happened again"); $log->warn("This might be a problem"); $log->error("Garden variety error"); $log->fatal("Boom!"); DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Log is a simple logger for Mojo projects. EVENTS
Mojo::Log can emit the following events. "message" $log->on(message => sub { my ($log, $level, @messages) = @_; ... }); Emitted when a new message gets logged. $log->unsubscribe('message'); $log->on(message => sub { my ($log, $level, @messages) = @_; say "$level: ", @messages; }); ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Log implements the following attributes. "handle" my $handle = $log->handle; $log = $log->handle(IO::Handle->new); Log file handle used by default "message" event, defaults to opening "path" or "STDERR". "level" my $level = $log->level; $log = $log->level('debug'); Active log level, defaults to the value of the "MOJO_LOG_LEVEL" environment variable or "debug". These levels are currently available: "debug" "info" "warn" "error" "fatal" "path" my $path = $log->path $log = $log->path('/var/log/mojo.log'); Log file path used by "handle". METHODS
Mojo::Log inherits all methods from Mojo::EventEmitter and implements the following new ones. "new" my $log = Mojo::Log->new; Construct a new Mojo::Log object and subscribe to "message" event with default logger. "debug" $log = $log->debug('You screwed up, but that is ok'); Log debug message. "error" $log = $log->error('You really screwed up this time'); Log error message. "fatal" $log = $log->fatal('Its over...'); Log fatal message. "format" my $message = $log->format('debug', 'Hi there!'); my $message = $log->format('debug', 'Hi', 'there!'); Format log message. "info" $log = $log->info('You are bad, but you prolly know already'); Log info message. "is_level" my $success = $log->is_level('debug'); Check log level. "is_debug" my $success = $log->is_debug; Check for debug log level. "is_error" my $success = $log->is_error; Check for error log level. "is_fatal" my $success = $log->is_fatal; Check for fatal log level. "is_info" my $success = $log->is_info; Check for info log level. "is_warn" my $success = $log->is_warn; Check for warn log level. "log" $log = $log->log(debug => 'This should work'); Emit "message" event. "warn" $log = $log->warn('Dont do that Dave...'); Log warn message. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Log(3pm)