Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help me solve this scripting problem please Post 302572486 by itkamaraj on Thursday 10th of November 2011 06:10:14 AM
Old 11-10-2011
did you try anything ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I solve this problem?

I'm now designing a server application which can serve large number of clients' request. I've a question to ask, that is, main process will block when invoke the "accept" function, if a client request comes, main process should be separated into 2 processes by invoking "fork" function, the parent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acqy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can't solve that problem [PLEASE HELP]

well, my internet brakes down every day because of my server, i don't have troubles with RAM or anything i think... that problem started since i am running an unrealircd server... well, my internet brakes down and when i try to access the inside ip from the server on http port 80, it says that:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AiRkO
2 Replies

3. Programming

Can any one solve this Problem...!!!

Try to solve this.....It's a nice program..... #include<stdio.h> void change() { /*Write something in this function so that the output of printf in main function should give 5 . Do not change the main function */ } void main() { int i=5; change(); (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baba B. Saheb
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use two unix commands to solve the following problem

Hi, all, The following commands could compute the 10 most frequent bigrams from a input sequence which is in a file infile. I would like to know whether there is somebody who can use only two unix commands to do the same work. -------------------- tr " " "\012*" <infile >out1 tail +2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vicky20000
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to solve restarting problem

Hi! My unix os version is OSF1 CP1 V4.0 878 alpha. It startup normally but it restarts within 5 sec. I would like to know how to solve . Please reply to me. Thanks . akzin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akzin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how would you solve this problem?

I have a file process.txt I wanted to just grab data in "process" column. Name process process_id status Adminserver adminserver 22669 Running Browser Engine browserengine ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soemac
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown Problem. I really want your help to solve this!

Take a look on this code: #!/bin/sh currentpath=`pwd` if ; then #Normal user if ; then "$currentpath"/.cleaner else ./runit fi else #Root user if ; then rm -r /some fi mkdir /some cd /home/ echo "`ls --group-directories-first -1`" > /some/allusers cat /some/allusers | sed 's/... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve the problem of overwriting an array?

Hi all, I have a file..... I want to print 2nd column arranged according to order of first column, present in second file..... So, the output should be: I am using following code: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2;next}{print a?a:"ABSENT\t"}' file1 file2 But, it seems that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting needed for the below problem please solve ...

please solve my problem..... :( i have a sample input file as A A A A B B B B B C C C C C i want the output such that if the count of A or B or C is greater than 3 A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)