Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pointer to pointers
Top Forums Programming Pointer to pointers Post 302572381 by pharaoh on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 09:26:57 PM
Old 11-09-2011
Thank you @agama! You helped a lot and I learned something.
Thank you @agama!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Regarding Function and Pointers.

HI, Here is some thing that is puzzling me from a long time. Can some body explain me this with example. The question is :- What is the difference between function pointer and pointer to a function. Where do we actually use the function pointers and pointer to functions. Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

functiom pointers

Hi all i wonder about function pointers as i never used them in my C code . could any tell me why and where exactly function pointers come into picture . thanq (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

3. Programming

pointers

is this a valid c declaration int (*ptr(int *b)); plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
4 Replies

4. Programming

pointers

Hi I mash with pointers in C. I solve this problem about 5 hours and I don't know how I should continue. void InsertFirst (tList *L, int val) { tElemPtr new; if((new = malloc(sizeof(tElemPtr))) == NULL) Error(); new->data = val; new->ptr = L->frst; L->frst = new;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milla
2 Replies

5. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

6. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shared pointers

I am new to shared pointer conceot in C++ and hence require some clarification: For example: class A { public: virtual ~A() { } int x; }; typedef boost::shared_ptr<A>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
1 Replies

8. Programming

Need help with the Pointers in C

I have a special character called ô. When it is declared as a character variable its showing it can be printed. But when it is declared as a character pointer variable its showing it cannot be printed. I am just wondering why its happening like this.. c1 = '@'; c2 = 'ô'; char *fp; fp="XXô"; if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

9. Programming

Problem With Pointers

Hi guys. What is the difference between these: 1. int *a; 2. int (*a); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

10. Programming

Pointers and array

Hello, I read from a book exercise for a challenge. How to print out each letter of char array a by two different pointers pa and ppa in the example? I have tried my code for letter "r" by testing without full understanding as only the first one worked. #include<stdio.h> int main() { char... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
17 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)