Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris VCS on Solaris: VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 (host2) Agent is unable to offline resource(DiskReservation) Post 302572377 by ForgetChen on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 08:43:45 PM
Old 11-09-2011
Thank you very much!

I solved this problem yesterday.

Yes, the status of disks being not right cause this problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garskoci
VCS can't offline/online something that it cannot determine the status. You might want to post the output of format, vxprint, and hastatus commands. Any relevant messages from the messages file might help as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vcs agent

Hi all, I'm new to vcs. I have a doubt. I need to know, what will happen if an agent is stopped while reources being online. Eg.. while the oracle agent is stopped, will all the oracle resources will become offline.. Advanced thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunshine12
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris + VCS , move a resource to another group

Hi, I am running Solaris 10 + VCS 5 in one of our environment. Recently one of my colleague configured all resources in a single service group.( ie, one service group which has all resources) ,Usually we create seperate service groups for Hardware & for application. For eg: SYS_HW_GRP, will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
0 Replies

3. Solaris

VCS cluster verification on solaris

I am looking for a checklist, to audit the existing VCS (veritas cluster) setup on Solaris platform. Please let me know points/things that should be audited/verified. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user2ux
0 Replies

4. Solaris

VCS for Solaris 32 bit OS

Hi Admins, I know that VCS supports Solaris x86-64bit only...and I need vcs for Solaris 32 bit-x86..running on vmware workstation.. I need to run vcs on vmware workstation...And my laptop support only 32bit... Please suggest.. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

5. Solaris

VCS Simulator for Solaris

Hi, I just wanted to know, if VCS simulator (For Solaris) is available for free ? I will be running that on my Windows XP. If somebody have, please share the link. Regards ---------- Post updated at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:43 AM ---------- I was able to get it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

6. Solaris

VCS- question

Hi admins, I have a question on shared diskgroup in vcs. Let's say i have two node cluster node A and B. I am having the failover service group (including the required resources such as disk grp, IP, mount..etc) For an instance, the service grp is running on node A and suddenly if one of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Vcs error in Solaris10

i am installed solaris 10 latest release i want to install Veritas cluster in solaris and i already installed VXVM in it and it works fine but when i install cluser on solaris i display an error like this what does it mean ? explain in detailed. 2 Failed to call set_value for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samiulla
1 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

VCS install error

hai this is samiulla i am installing vcs 6.0 in vmware solaris 10 (64bit) i got error while i am going to install vcs in 2 nodes even i add rhost files on both nodes and ssh autho login still i got error. But i install vcs within one node it installs but when going to install in both nodes i got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiulla
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Trunking and its impact on VCS cluster and others

Hello guys, I have a question regarding link aggregation / trunking in Solaris 9 Sun Trunking does not come by default in Solaris 9 unlike Solaris 10 where we can use the "dladm" command to trunk 4 physical NIC interfaces together. My question is in Solaris 9. Will the configurations of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: br1an
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Codes for VCS

Do we have common VCS error codes for all platforms. eg. 10195 Agent(s) for group %s failed on system %s for all Linux,Solaris and windows ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
1 Replies
FS_MESSAGES(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_MESSAGES(1)

NAME
       fs_messages - Sets whether the Cache Manager writes log messages

SYNOPSIS
       fs messages [-show (user|console|all|none)] [-help]

fs me [-s (user|console|all|none)] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The fs messages command controls whether the Cache Manager displays status and warning messages on user screens, the client machine
       console, on both, or on neither.

There are two types of Cache Manager messages:

o   User messages provide user-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to user screens.

o   Console messages provide system-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to the client machine's
	   designated console.

Disabling messaging completely is not recommended, because the messages provide useful status and warning information.

OPTIONS
       -show (user|console|all|none)
	   Specifies the types of messages to display. Choose one of the following values:

user
	       Send user messages to user screens.

console
	       Send console messages to the console.

all Send user messages to user screens and console messages to the console (the default if the -show argument is omitted).

none
	       Do not send any messages to user screens or the console.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command instructs the Cache Manager to display both types of messages:

% fs messages -show all

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root.

SEE ALSO
       afsd(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    FS_MESSAGES(1)