Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions script to write PIDs to a file Post 302572322 by xbin on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 03:00:52 PM
Old 11-09-2011
Code:
function child {
function parent {

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to AutoKill PIDs of LOGED in Active User

:confused: Hi i am trying to make a script through which i can get the total number of User and their PID after that kill all Users except the one by which i am currently logged in. (i m using SCO UNIX 5.06) # id of current usre < total number of current user USR=`who -u |wc -l` # id of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for PIDs

I am trying to write a Shell script wherein the shell needs to read a list of PID in the File $stat/bin/Process and compare it to the PID of the processes running on a server. Also the script should return KO(not OK) with corresponding label :- a) When an environmental variable not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we grep a list of all running PIDs in a file !!??

Hi, In the following part of a script, I am grepping the list of all running PIDs in the File as in line 3 :- $pid_count=`grep -c "^${pid_process}$" $CRI_PUSH_BIN_HOME/bin/ PushProcessId` If I cannot grep this way, then how can I do so. 1 pid_process=`ps -ef -o pid,args |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script in UNIX to find a file if another file exists

So I have a lot of Java applications on my servers all having their own folder from the applications subdirectory. Now, I need to do the following. Search all the applications subdirectories for message.jar. If the message.jar file exists, I need to search the application directory for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmdawg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file

i have no idea abount shell script but i need need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file. consider u hav 5 files in a particular dir i script should get last 10 char of each file n write the 10 char in separate files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj0390
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script

Hi- I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1 cn=bob,cn=user,dc=com cn=kev,cn=user,dc=com cn=john,cn=user,dc=com I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :- dn: <dn> objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write script to call a file

Hello Experts, I have been trying to work on to call a file in scripts. @ECHO OFF call %MY_HOME%\bin\setvars.bat call %MY_HOME%\db\bin\start_db.bat. This is a batch file and i want to write same functionality in shell script. How should I achieve it? How should I set variables in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to write result to a file

Hello, How can I run this script every 1 hour and save its result to result.txt ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' Regards Shaan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search a particular String form a file a write to another file using perl script

I have file which contains a huge amount of data. I need to search the pattern Message id. When that pattern is matched I need to get abcdeff0-1g6g-91g3-1z2z-2mm605m90000 to another file. Kindly provide your input. File is like below Jan 11 04:05:10 linux100 |NOTICE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raysf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies
XT-CREATE-XEN-CONFIG(8) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   XT-CREATE-XEN-CONFIG(8)

NAME
xt-create-config - Create a Xen configuration file for a new guest SYNOPSIS
xt-create-config [options] Filename Options: --output Specify the output directory to use. --extension Specify the file extension to use. General Options: --admins Specify some administrator accounts which should be created for use by the xen-shell. --template Specify the template file to use when creating the Xen configuration file. Help Options: --help Show this scripts help information. --manual Read this scripts manual. --version Show the version number and exit. Debugging Options: --verbose Be verbose in our execution. All other options from xen-create-image, such as the new IP address(es) to give to the new instance, will be passed as environmental variables. ABOUT
This script is invoked by xen-create-image after it has created and customised a new Xen guest. It is responsible for creating the configuration file which Xen will use to start the instance. The configuration file will be created in the directory /etc/xen using a template file to determine how the configuration file should be created. By default the script will use /etc/xen-tools/xm.tmpl as its input. INVOCATION
This script will be invoked by the xen-create-image script, rather than directly. This is because it will expect to receive the values to insert into the output template in as environmental variables. You could execute it manually via a long command line, but that is error-prone and probably not useful: hostname=foo.my.flat ip=192.168.1.2 ... xm-create-xen-config --output=/etc/xen --template=/etc/xen-tools/xm.tmpl ARGUMENT PASSING
This script will be invoked with a full copy of the arguments from xen-create-image in its environment, along with several command line arguments. This has several implications for customization. If you wish to setup a new variable in the output template such as "foo=bar" you could update the script to include "${foo}", then invoke xen-create-image with this environmental variable set. $ foo=bar xen-create-image --hostname=test.my.flat ... The environment will be duplicated/inheritted by this script when it is executed, and your variable will be included in the output file. For details on the template file syntax please see the documentation for the "Text::Template" perl module. (If you have the perldoc package installed you can read this with "perldoc Text::Template".) AUTHORS
Steve Kemp, http://www.steve.org.uk/ Axel Beckert, http://noone.org/abe/ StA~Xphane Jourdois LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2005-2009 by Steve Kemp, (c) 2010-2012 by The Xen-Tools Development Team. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. 4.3.1 2012-06-30 XT-CREATE-XEN-CONFIG(8)