Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Dynamic looping based on files Post 302572219 by felipe.vinturin on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 10:53:53 AM
Old 11-09-2011
If you have GNU "find" and you only need the filename (without path), you can use:
Code:
find . -name "*.dat" -type f -printf "%f\n" | \
while read fname
do
     echo "Current file is: [${fname}]."
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through files...

I posted this in the Solaris forum, but I don't think it's platform specific, so I'm posting it here. Here is the situation. We are a company that has been using a professional publishing system, the software is called "ProType". It runs on Solaris 2.4, however it is no longer supported and we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Variable Based on Count

I'm trying to assign variables that include the current value of a count, but I can't seem to get it working... this script is incomplete, but some guidance on how to use a dynamic variable would be helpful: Sample Input: bash-2.03$ more sg2.txt Results for group6 443 1394 Results for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic naming based on file content

I was just thinking if there is a way where i can dynamically rename files based on the actual file content. I have a load of pdf's which have been named wrongly. (We normally put date first, then brief description, then title) So can a script be written wherin, it pulls out the date and title... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slatoms
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in Perl based on defined keys in Map

Hello All, I am writing the below script where it will connect to database and returns the results. #!/sw/gcm/perl510/bin/perl use SybaseC; &openConnection; &loadvalues; sub openConnection { $dbproc = new SybaseC(SYDB}, $ENV{DBDFLTUSR}, $ENV{DBDFLTPWD}); if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies
ZIP_SOURCE_FILE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						ZIP_SOURCE_FILE(3)

NAME
zip_source_file - create data source from a file LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
struct zip_source * zip_source_file(struct zip *archive, const char *fname); "zip_uint64_t start" "zip_int64_t len" DESCRIPTION
The function zip_source_file creates a zip source from a file. zip_source_file opens fname and reads len bytes from offset start from it. If len is 0 or -1, the whole file (starting from start ) is used. The fie is opened and read when the data from the source is used, usually by zip_close. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the created source is returned. Otherwise, NULL is returned and the error code in archive is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
zip_source_file fails if: [ZIP_ER_INVAL] fname, start, or len are invalid. [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. [ZIP_ER_OPEN] Opening fname failed. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_add(3), zip_replace(3), zip_source_buffer(3), zip_source_filep(3), zip_source_free(3), zip_source_function(3), zip_source_zip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH August 1, 2008 ZIP_SOURCE_FILE(3)