Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Dynamic looping based on files Post 302572210 by Corona688 on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 10:42:24 AM
Old 11-09-2011
That's a dangerous use of backticks and wholly unnecessary.

Code:
find .  -type f -name "*.dat" -exec ls -1 {} \; | sed 's/\.\///' | while read LINE
do
        echo "$LINE"
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through files...

I posted this in the Solaris forum, but I don't think it's platform specific, so I'm posting it here. Here is the situation. We are a company that has been using a professional publishing system, the software is called "ProType". It runs on Solaris 2.4, however it is no longer supported and we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Variable Based on Count

I'm trying to assign variables that include the current value of a count, but I can't seem to get it working... this script is incomplete, but some guidance on how to use a dynamic variable would be helpful: Sample Input: bash-2.03$ more sg2.txt Results for group6 443 1394 Results for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic naming based on file content

I was just thinking if there is a way where i can dynamically rename files based on the actual file content. I have a load of pdf's which have been named wrongly. (We normally put date first, then brief description, then title) So can a script be written wherin, it pulls out the date and title... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slatoms
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in Perl based on defined keys in Map

Hello All, I am writing the below script where it will connect to database and returns the results. #!/sw/gcm/perl510/bin/perl use SybaseC; &openConnection; &loadvalues; sub openConnection { $dbproc = new SybaseC(SYDB}, $ENV{DBDFLTUSR}, $ENV{DBDFLTPWD}); if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)