Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract Specific pattern - log file Post 302572144 by Aswex on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 09:02:26 AM
Old 11-09-2011
Thanks CarloM, but I can't make it work.

I fact, I was looking for something like getting the date of the day,
Code:
Wed Nov  9 10:36:17 CUT 2011

then format the date to match the date used in the log file
Code:
2011/11/09

then start to read the log file from the first line that match the date of the day.

and find if there is or not any pattern that will be :

Code:
tar: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: No such file or directory

If no math found the script will exit, if match found it will send me a mail.

Thanks for your help, please.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract specific lines from file

hi, how would i extract a range of lines in a file by using the line number? ex: file contains: 1 title 2 i want 3 this part 4 to be taken out 5 from this file 6 and sent to 7 another file 8 not needed 9 end of file In this case, i want to copy line number 2 to 7 on a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

extract field of characters after a specific pattern - using UNIX shell script

Hello, Below is my input file's content ( in HP-UX platform ): ABCD120672-B21 1 ABCD142257-002 1 ABCD142257-003 1 ABCD142257-006 1 From the above, I just want to get the field of 13 characters that comes after 'ABCD' i.e '120672-B21'... . Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific pattern from a file

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell Scripting. I have a File The Server Name XXX002 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD Iface Id Link MTU Side ecc_3_1 4 Up 512 User ecc_3_2 5 Up 512 User The Server Name XXX003 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract specific pattern from logfile

Log File: Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(SOURCE_ROUTE=OFF)(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname1.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=database1)(SRVR=DEDICATED))) Attempting to contact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract specific value in a file

Hi Friends, I have a file with the following values.. xyz.txt,12345.xml abc.txt,04567.xml cde.txt,12134.xml I would like to extract all the 2nd column values like 12345 04567 12134 Please advice!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract portion of log info based on specific word

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract a specific wording for example: "A tool used by tp produced warnings" from my below log data, but could not find a way to solve it. My intention is, if the log contain the word: "A tool used by tp produced... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)