Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details? Post 302572076 by CarloM on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 06:34:33 AM
Old 11-09-2011
Look in /var/spool/at.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Getting Hardware Details on HP-UX

Hi All, Please let me know the list of commands, that can give me the list of hardwares available on the HP-UX Box. I'm using HP-UX B.11.00. I would like to know the list of HBA's, PCIMCA Cards etc., attached to the system. And also, which device files point to which Hardware. more &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Details of compress -b

Hello. Can any1 help me with the compress command. The -b option takes the number of bits used for encoding. can u expalin why this number of bits is used and for what purpose. what is the maximum number we can provide? In SFU these number has a valod range between 12 and 16 y?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does one get HW details?

I need to do a full system inventory & pull details for: CPU Mem HDD (Size, config, partitions) Is there a single command to get this, or separate for each? Thanks, Gareth. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing script by cron doesnt give me expected result

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

5. Solaris

PATH details

I am using Solaris 10 Please tell me which path values are necessary for PATH= MANPATH= LD_LIBRARY_PATH= (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can anyone give more details about the system calls?

Hello, Please can any one explain about the parameters to the write systemcalls?? How are they passed?? and how is the address of the user buffer is handled by the kenel?? for ex: write(fd,buf,count); How does the kernel handles this user buffer address?? After write does the kernel write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting Details of pf -ef

Hi All, I have a Linux server where many script run on daily basis through crontab. I could see some entries on my name but I am not able to get the details. >>ps -ef | grep an001 >>root 9905 1742 0 Apr17 ? 00:00:00 sshd: an001 >>an001 9907 9905 0 Apr17 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab scheduled details required

Hi, I have the below job scheduled in crontab. Can you please tell me at what interval this job is scheduled? Where is the name of the job defined here? I will definitely go through the UNIX documentation a little later, for the time being, please provide me few details on this. Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

job is started with sshd daemon; wish to know its implementation details

Hello Gurus, In solaris server, one folder say /appl/prod/usr/sendme get files those need to be processed. The script named checkFile.sh can process the each file. This script checkFile.sh is not scheduled in crontab. But whenever file puts in sendme folder, the checkFile.sh is called and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: get_chandrakant
1 Replies

10. AIX

Need to get process details

Hello, Below are the list of files ls -lrt total 16 lr-x------ 43 oracle dba 0 Dec 5 14:27 root -> / lr-x------ 2 oracle dba 0 Dec 16 00:14 cwd -> /prodoragridcn_01/app/oracle/product/11203/dbs/ -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Dec 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies
ns_sched(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				      ns_sched(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_after, ns_cancel, ns_pause, ns_resume, ns_schedule_daily, ns_schedule_proc, ns_schedule_weekly, ns_unschedule_proc - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_after seconds {script | procname ?args?} ns_cancel id ns_pause id ns_resume id ns_schedule_daily ?-thread? ?-once? hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_proc ?-thread? ?-once? interval {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_weekly ?-thread? ?-once? day hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_unschedule_proc id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_after run the specified script or procedure after the specified number of seconds ns_after returns an id which can be used with the ns_pause, ns_cancel and ns_resume apis. ns_cancel stops the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if unscheduled 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be unscheduled ns_pause pauses the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if paused, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be paused ns_resume resumes the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if resumed, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be resumed ns_schedule_daily ns_schedule_daily runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a day at the time specified by hour and minute. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_daily returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_proc ns_schedule_proc runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) at an interval specified by interval. The interval is the number of seconds between runs of the script. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_proc returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_weekly ns_schedule_weekly runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a week on the day specified by day and the time speci- fied by hour and minute. The day can be from 0 to 6, where 0 represents Sunday. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_weekly returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_unschedule_proc id ns_unschedule_proc stops a scheduled procedure from executing anymore. The scheduled procedure to be stopped is identified by its id, which was returned by the ns_schedule* function that was used to schedule the procedure. EXAMPLES
ns_after ns_cancel ns_pause ns_resume This example illustrates a web interface used to manage jobs. Depending on the action provided a job can be created, cancelled, paused or resumed. set action [ns_queryget action] set job [ns_queryget job] switch $action { create { set job [ns_after 10 [ns_queryget script]] ns_puts "Job created with id: $job" } cancel { if {[ns_cancel $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job cancelled" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not cancelled" } } pause { if {[ns_pause $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job paused" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not paused } } resume { if {[ns_resume $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job resumed" } else { ns_puts "Job $job couldn't be resumed" } } default { ns_puts "Invalid action $action" } } ns_schedule_daily This example defines a script called rolllog that uses ns_accesslog to roll the access log to a file with an extension containing the current date. The ns_schedule_daily function is used to execute the rolllog script on a daily basis. # Script to roll and rcp log file to host "grinder" proc rolllog {} { set suffix [ns_strftime "%y-%m-%d"] set new [ns_accesslog file].$suffix ns_accesslog roll $new exec rcp $new grinder:/logs/[file tail $new] } # Schedule "rolllog" to run at 3:30 am each morning ns_schedule_daily -thread 3 30 rolllog ns_schedule_proc proc dosomething blah { ns_log Notice "proc with arg '$blah'" } ns_schedule_proc 10 dosomething $arg1 SEE ALSO
KEYWORDS
schedule pause resume unschedule cancel after AOLserver 4.0 ns_sched(3aolserver)