Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK to Parse XML messages
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK to Parse XML messages Post 302571926 by James_Owen on Tuesday 8th of November 2011 03:18:49 PM
Old 11-08-2011
AWK to Parse XML messages

Of course it has been through MS Word, this is only a sample of the messages and secondly i have removed the date and the time.
So this have been edited on MS Word

Last edited by James_Owen; 11-08-2011 at 04:29 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

parse xml

Hi, I'm looking for an "easy" way to parse a xml file to a proper structure. The xml looks like this What shall I use? Does anybody has some example-code to share or some good links/book-references? thx for any reply -fe (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bin-doph
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need AWk To parse XML logs

Hi , I need an Awk script to parse my log file . 2008-04-26 10:00:13,391 INFO Logger - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><2dm tmsg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse the file in xml format using awk/nawk

Hi All, I have an xml file with the below format. <a>111</a><b>222</b><c>333<c><d><e>123</e><f>234</f><d><e>456</e><f>789</f> output needed is 111,222,333,123,234 111,222,333,456,789 nawk 'BEGIN{FS="<|>"} {print a,b,c,e,f a="" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse XML e report con AWK

Thanks in advance who can answer. I have to make a small shell that after reading an XML file and extract the fields I create a text file with the same fields taken previously in tabular form. I did this parse.awk ---------------------- BEGIN { FS="" } { for(i=2; i<=NF; i+=2) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcarlo65
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (not Perl) to parse xml with awk

Hi, I have to make an script according to these: - I have couples of files like: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.csv xxxxxxxxxxxxx_desc.xml - every xml file has diferent fields, but keeps this format: ........ <defaultName>2011-02-25T16:43:43.582Z</defaultName> ........... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pluff
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

python - wget xml doc and parse with awk

Well, that's what I'd do in bash :) Here's what I have so far: import urllib2 from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulStoneSoup xml = urllib2.urlopen('http://weatherlink.com/xml.php?user=blah&pass=blah') soup = BeautifulStoneSoup(xml) print soup.prettify() but all it does is grab the html... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help with AWK to parse rapidly changing XML messages

Hi Guy's Can I please get some help with this code. I have xml feed file which rapidly changing temporary file and I need to capture the content of this file as soon as data arrives. Example of the data Required data output Time is current time. This is awk code that I have so far... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script to parse a XML tag

I have an XML tag like this: <property name="agent" value="/var/tmp/root/eclipse" /> Is there way using awk that i can get the value from the above tag. So the output should be: /var/tmp/root/eclipse Help will be appreciated. Regards, Adi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
6 Replies
PPI::Token::Word(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       PPI::Token::Word(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Word - The generic "word" Token INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Word isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
A "PPI::Token::Word" object is a PPI-specific representation of several different types of word-like things, and is one of the most common Token classes found in typical documents. Specifically, it includes not only barewords, but also any other valid Perl identifier including non-operator keywords and core functions, and any include "::" separators inside it, as long as it fits the format of a class, function, etc. METHODS
There are no methods available for "PPI::Token::Word" beyond those provided by its PPI::Token and PPI::Element parent classes. We expect to add additional methods to help further resolve a Word as a function, method, etc over time. If you need such a thing right now, look at Perl::Critic::Utils. literal Returns the value of the Word as a string. This assumes (often incorrectly) that the Word is a bareword and not a function, method, keyword, etc. This differs from "content" because "Foo'Bar" expands to "Foo::Bar". method_call Answers whether this is the name of a method in a method call. Returns true if yes, false if no, and nothing if unknown. TO DO
- Add "function", "method" etc detector methods SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Word(3)