Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Configure squid to listen on any IP address with port 80 Post 302571890 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of November 2011 12:41:51 PM
Old 11-08-2011
Internet Protocol doesn't work that way. If you want them to connect to SQUID, redirect them into SQUID.

You won't get "full transparency" anyway because squid remains the only thing making outgoing connections to the destination server, not the client.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-08-2011 at 01:48 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

trying to configure DNS address in Solaris

hi to all. I'm trying to use the sendmail command to generate some reports and I cant use it. The mails i try to send simply won't go out, instead I receive a response from the system sayng that the host is unknown. I think the problem is in the DNS configuration (or the IMAP/SMTP servers). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure squid completely anonymous?

Hello, I have installed squid manually , it works fine, I can able to brows internet via SSH tunnel . but I have a problem : when I check my IP via this SSH tunnel with Geolocation IP Address to Country City Region Latitude Longitude ZIP Code ISP Domain Name Database for Developers |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalvpn
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to Configure a Static Ip Address

Hello friend, I am new in UNIX, but I want to learn a lot Well I have a problem to try to configure my PC with a static IP Address (IP 192.168.1.39, Mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1) (DNS 200.48.225.130 and 200.48.225.146). where are the file that I must be change? The SO is Sun Solaris... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to listen a port

I need to launch a script as soon as a file comes via a specified port on my system from another system. Program should work as a dameon and should invoke only when port start/stop accepting file. Any idea how to program/script it... Please no suggestions for cron. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumitwa
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Configure Squid to use LDAP group auth to deny internet access

Hi all We have squid-2.5.STABLE11-3.FC4 running in our environment. LDAP authentication works fine. Active Directory 2003 Users are prompted to enter credentials every time they access the net. The system works perfectly, but I need to configure Squid to block users in a specific AD group.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

7. Solaris

to configure ip address

i have installed solaris 10 on my vmware..please tell me how i can configure ip addres and other things so that i can use internet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
2 Replies

8. Linux

how to configure Squid with ONE Network Card for cache and proxy

hello all, how i can configure Squid with ONE Network Card for cache and proxy as shown in image attached. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazaib92
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Listen given port

Good morning! I would like to test a particular port in Solaris, to see if the firewall rules are ok. Should I install an application, but as yet I have not, have to force solaris to keep an open door, and put any application listening to port 1099, and will test a terminal connectivity via... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

What is the Listen Address of my process ?

Hi, We cant set the listen address of my java process to the IP address or any of the DNS names listen in the hosts file of the server. We can access the resources of the pid in the web browser through http://<IP / DNS>:port/console Based on the pid, how can we find what is the listen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
cachemgr.cgi(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   cachemgr.cgi(8)

NAME
cachemgr.cgi - squid HTTP proxy manager interface SYNOPSIS
http://your.server/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi DESCRIPTION
The cache manager (cachemgr.cgi) is a CGI utility for displaying statistics about the Squid HTTP proxy process as it runs. The cache man- ager is a convenient way to manage the cache and view statistics without logging into the server. FILES
./cachemgr.conf /etc/squid/cachemgr.conf The access configuration file defining which Squid servers may be managed via this cachemgr.cgi program. Each line specifies a server:port followed by an optional description The server name may contain shell wildcard characters such as *, [] etc. A quick selection dropdown menu is automatically con- structed from the simple server names. Specifying :port is optional. If not specified then the default proxy port is assumed. :* or :any matches any port on the target server. SECURITY
cachemgr.cgi calls the requested server on the requested port using HTTP and returns a formatted version of the response. To avoid abuse it is recommended to configure your web server to restrict access to the cachemgr.cgi program. Configuration examples for many common web servers can be found in the Squid FAQ. SEE ALSO
squid(8) The Squid FAQ, Chapter 9 The Cache Manager Squid Web Proxy 3.0.STABLE25 cachemgr.cgi(8)