Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check existence of files in a folder Post 302571493 by Rodrih92 on Monday 7th of November 2011 01:57:30 PM
Old 11-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipe.vinturin
Isn't it:
Code:
if [ -f /work/The_File_* ]
then
     echo "Exists!"
fi

Or you can use, because the above can give you errors like: "too many arguments" when the shell expands "The_File_*":
Code:
numFiles=`find /work -name "The_File_*" | wc -l`
if [ ${numFiles} -gt 0 ]
then
     echo "Exists!"
fi

Quote:
work=/work/input/telefonia/archivos

if [ -f $work/PN_MOV_* ]
then
echo "Exists!"
fi
I put what you said and it shows me this error
Code:
./existe: line 3: [: too many arguments

Last edited by radoulov; 11-07-2011 at 04:25 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for FILES existence

hi, I have a list of filenames and I want to verify if they all exist. I know "if filename" would do the trick but how do I go about a list of files? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

2. SuSE

Regarding Readable check for all the files in the folder

Currently we are doing the migration to unix to linux. I am facing the new problem kganeshb@its04489:~/scripts $ ls -l | more total 340 -rw-r----- 1 kganeshb users 9038 Oct 22 13:23 109_db.txt -rw-rw---- 1 dlc users 1413 Oct 10 17:40 1.txt -rw-rw---- 1 kganeshb users 45 Jan 28 13:46 a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW TO CHECK ONLY .C FILES EXISTS OR NOT IN A FOLDER using IF in C shell script?

Hi friends.. I hav a problem.... I dont know how to check .c files exists r not in a folder using IF in C shell script actually i tried like this if(=~ *.c) even though some .c files or there in the current folder..it is not entering int o the if control statement...... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.hemadrireddy
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check how many files in folder or total files in folder

Hi all, I have copied all my files to one folder.and i want to check how many files (count) in the folder recently moved or total files in my folder? please send me the query asap. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasad
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check existence of a number of files and call other scripts

Hi, I am new to unix scripting and am jus getting to learn about it.. I need to know on how to check for the existence of a number of files in a path..i.e the files are ftp'ed from several other servers, should check if all the files have arrived, if not wait till they arrive..can i use a flag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check folder existence using wildcard

Hi I would like to know how I can check whether there is one or more folders in the current directory which begins with e.g. 2011-11. Initially I figured that this could easily be done simply by: if ; then ... However if there is more than one folder which begins with 2011-11 then it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aknu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the existence and add them from 2 different files

Hi, I have two files file1: ALEX DANY GARY TOM MARY HARRIS file2: ALEX 3 ALEX 5 ALEX 0 ALEX 1 ALEX 0 DANY 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the Files existence

Hi I have a requirement to check whether the files exists, then it will call other steps in shell script. I did ls *.csv|wc -l if then checking the count of the files should be more than 1 then it will call other steps. I am getting the error that too many arguements as there n... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the files existence inside a directory.

Hello Folks, On Below Script, I want to apply condition. Condition that it check the directory for files if not found keep checking. Once directory have files and founded do the calculation and finish the code. Script to check the files existence inside a directory, If not then keep... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check in a folder all files which doesnt have the specifc string?

I have a folder with 100s of dat files, with delimiter "|", in some files they didn't provide this delimiter. how to automatically check those list of files in a folder which doesnt have a delimiter or string this way "|" is it possible? Thank you very much for the helpful info. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)