Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reflection X v14 Desktop Title bar Post 302571453 by vbe on Monday 7th of November 2011 11:43:35 AM
Old 11-07-2011
I may have forgotten to say the most important here:
It makes no sense to have multiple Xserver instances running unless you have a multi destop software installed on your desktop like MSVDM (free download at microsoft)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

problems with Reflection X

Hi everibody, i have a "nice" problem with Reflection X: I have the sw on my computer, but when I login into my HP/UX wkst (an old Apollo running hp/ux 10.20) and into my Linux RedHat (9.0) using a lan connection I don't see the graphical export on my video, I see just the terminal. I'd like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mauro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

title bar manipulation in F-Secure SSH Client for Windows

Hello All, I was wondering if the titlebar in "F-Secure SSH Client for Windows" is changeable. Currently I see the host name in the title bar. I would like to add "user@host" to the title. So when I log on to a particular box and do a ssh to another box the title should dynamically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssikhar
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reflection X clipboard issues

Hey, Has anyone else ever run into a problem with Reflection X and clipboard not working? I'll copy something command line, try to vi into a file and paste it and it either pastes nothing or sometimes the correct data and even in some cases it will print stuff in the clipboard from 3 copies ago.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Reflection X window settings: Problem

Hello guys In our company, we have a serious problem with WRQ Reflection X (Version 10.0.0) and the window settings (window manager) in Reflection. We are running an airline crew planningsystem on linux, using WRQ Reflection X as X server. In the window manager in Reflection window settings,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: belvie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space and vertical bar with verical bar

I am trying to get sed, tr or awk to search a file that contains records with fields delimited by the vertical bar | and replace the occurrences in the records where the vertical bar is preceded by a space " |" with a vertical bar. Sample data record zelli |||59 Stonewall Dr ||W Barnstable |MA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Terminal title bar tweak discrepancy problem in Cygwin/X

Code for the tweak (not my fave 'running process' but the more popular 'working directory') : case "$TERM" in xterm*|rxvt*|rxvt-unicode*) PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -e "\033]0;$TERM: ${PWD}\007"' ;; *) ;; esac Where it works: rxvt (the one I run 'rootless' outside of ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Reflection X and Windows XP

Hey all, Has anyone had this problem? I am using Reflection X to xterm to a Sol 10 box from a Win XP box. I set the display variable on the Sol: DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0 export DISPLAY I then try to run the exe but the xterm states it cannot display to the IP. I can get this to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the title bar of the terminal screen

Hi, How to change the value after the symbol '@' ? $ i.e. @mac1 I want to change it to @prod2 Also need to change the same in the title bar on the top when we open a new terminal. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem connecting with Reflection X 14.1

Other people at work are able to connect but I am not. I am not sure if there is a setting that I am missing. Connecting from Win7 to Solaris 10. Connection attempt log: gnome-session Connecting 144.243.90.235 via TELNET Thu Mar 29 15:15:32 2012 login: *** Password: ******* Last login: Thu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Title bar top and bottom

Hello forum, Seems that only I have alot of questions regarding Ubuntu :D In Ubuntu 12.04 LTS the gnome I have been using gdm and lightdm. In lightdm the top and side bars are aka "unity" and can be removed using apt-get remove unity I need to do the same for menu bars gdm. I do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
0 Replies
UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1)

NAME
update-profile-cache - (re)generate profile assignment cache SYNOPSIS
update-profile-cache DESCRIPTION
Running this script (re)generates the cache of profile assignments used by desktop-profiles. By default this script is run automatically once a day by a cron script. NOTE: No cache of assignments will be generated in cases where cache use isn't supported by desktop-profiles (at the moment caching pro- file assingments is only supported in the simple case when no group or command requirements are used for activation of profiles, i.e. when we have a static machine-wide profile assignment). FILES
/etc/desktop-profiles/*.listing - Files containing the metadata about installed profiles /etc/default/desktop-profiles - File containing default settings for this script AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Cornelis <cobaco@skolelinux.no>. SEE ALSO
desktop-profiles(7), profiles-manager(1), list-desktop-profiles(1) desktop-profiles December 13, 2006 UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1)