Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris LU - Reverting to original Boot Enviroment Post 302571372 by vishalaswani on Monday 7th of November 2011 07:53:04 AM
Old 11-07-2011
Is your /home/oracle a valid mountpoint here, I dont see it in your current_be.

If it is not used, then the best is to unmount it and remove it from the /etc/lu/ICF.2 file [which is there for Solaris10_910_be, do takes its backup].

Then you can try luactivate of current_be.

Regards,
Vishal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! - How do I compile C++ in UNIX Enviroment?

:confused: Hi, does anyone here know how to compile and run C++ in UNIX environment? I am so desperate! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files in work directory reverting to root ownership

Hi, I have a problem with a Unix server we do not adminster but have an application running on. The problem is that overnight, files in the /user4/work directory revert to root ownership. This causes problems as we cannot process the files. 1) What would be causing files to revert to root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enviroment variables...

Hi guys, thanks in advance for this easy answer.... :s Ok I am trying to output the enviroment varable for host in Solaris. I have tried $HOST, $HOST_NAME, $HOSTNAME carn't find it anywhere, does someone want to put me out of my misary and tell me what it is??? :confused: :eek: Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

enviroment settings

What are the environment setting during a cron session? I have HP-UX and I want to send the output/file from a script to several e-mail addresses. I want to create an env-var to store the e-mail addresses in my .profile, but I do not know if it will be visible when a script is executed in a cron. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Save enviroment variables

I need to save my enviroment variables,specially the $PATH.When I put it on .cshrc at next reboot I lost the configuration.How can avoid this?Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting enviroment variables help

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to program in java in unix platform for the first time, so far it is OK as long as I use class libraries which come with java distribution. Unfortunately when I try to use external libraries I have to use -classpath option which I rather not doing all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverting to system Perl - downgrading

Not how I expected my weekend to go. My redhat server previously had perl 5.8.0 installed on it. Downloading a mysql utility, it asked for that and I blindly installed it. Broke a whole bunch of things. Now I'm hearing that I should revert back to my "system perl" because there may be further... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing all the process of a particular enviroment

Hi Folks, I have the below command that will kill all the process of an environment, lets say if I have reached to the location cont directory under which I want to kill multiple process so the command will be .... kill -9 `ps -ef | grep cont | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` Now please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

9. SCO

File permissions reverting back?

After running integrity -e ( may not have done this code thing correctly ) I got the following .io/bootdisk/boot group root should be backup mode 0600 should be 0440 .io/bootdisk/swap group root should be mem ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbug
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about enviroment variable.

Hi Gurus, I am stuck on below issue. in my .profile. I have two variable: x=abc$123 t=xyz$ when running env command, I got below: x=abc t=xyz$ my OS is SunOS 5.10 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 I am wondering why t=xyz$ shows exactly value? I try below: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
9 Replies
GIT-REVERT(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-REVERT(1)

NAME
git-revert - Revert an existing commit SYNOPSIS
git revert [--edit | --no-edit] [-n] [-m parent-number] [-s] <commit> DESCRIPTION
Given one existing commit, revert the change the patch introduces, and record a new commit that records it. This requires your working tree to be clean (no modifications from the HEAD commit). Note: git revert is used to record a new commit to reverse the effect of an earlier commit (often a faulty one). If you want to throw away all uncommitted changes in your working directory, you should see git-reset(1), particularly the --hard option. If you want to extract specific files as they were in another commit, you should see git-checkout(1), specifically the git checkout <commit> -- <filename> syntax. Take care with these alternatives as both will discard uncommitted changes in your working directory. OPTIONS
<commit> Commit to revert. For a more complete list of ways to spell commit names, see "SPECIFYING REVISIONS" section in git-rev-parse(1). -e, --edit With this option, git revert will let you edit the commit message prior to committing the revert. This is the default if you run the command from a terminal. -m parent-number, --mainline parent-number Usually you cannot revert a merge because you do not know which side of the merge should be considered the mainline. This option specifies the parent number (starting from 1) of the mainline and allows revert to reverse the change relative to the specified parent. Reverting a merge commit declares that you will never want the tree changes brought in by the merge. As a result, later merges will only bring in tree changes introduced by commits that are not ancestors of the previously reverted merge. This may or may not be what you want. See the revert-a-faulty-merge How-To[1] for more details. --no-edit With this option, git revert will not start the commit message editor. -n, --no-commit Usually the command automatically creates a commit with a commit log message stating which commit was reverted. This flag applies the change necessary to revert the named commit to your working tree and the index, but does not make the commit. In addition, when this option is used, your index does not have to match the HEAD commit. The revert is done against the beginning state of your index. This is useful when reverting more than one commits' effect to your index in a row. -s, --signoff Add Signed-off-by line at the end of the commit message. AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[2]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[3]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. revert-a-faulty-merge How-To file:///usr/share/doc/git-doc/howto/revert-a-faulty-merge.txt 2. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com 3. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-REVERT(1)