Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris performance
Operating Systems Solaris solaris performance Post 302571264 by jegaraman on Monday 7th of November 2011 02:22:53 AM
Old 11-07-2011
solaris performance

Dear all,

I have a solaris 10 server , which is running web applications and webspere also is available.

All the parameters like Virtual memory , swap , hard disk space and Cpu utilisation and I/o statistics are good , but still the server is slow.

It has 2 processores and 128 VPs.

I have a doubt in kernel parameters ..pl find below

Code:
* Begin Stack protection
set noexec_user_stack=1
set noexec_user_stack_log=1
* End Stack protection
* Begin MDD root info (do not edit)
rootdev:/pseudo/md@0:0,1,blk
* End MDD root info (do not edit)
set c2audit:audit_load = 1
* *** Increase file descriptor per process soft and hard limit - start
set rlim_fd_cur=2048
set rlim_fd_max=65536
* *** Increase file descriptor per process soft and hard limit - end

Pl let me know if the ABOVE KERNEL PArameters are enough OR I have to add more things.

Thanks and Rgds
Rj

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 11-07-2011 at 09:00 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

oracle performance on solaris 8

Good evening all, I have a very interesting issue. I have an oracle database on unix and nt. The dba says that his delete process runs in 22 mins on nt. When I run the same delete process on unix, it run in an hour. I downloaded sarcheck to see what was going on. It told me abpout the autoup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niasdad
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Enhance Sun Solaris 10 performance ?

Guys where can i find values to add in /etc/system to make sun solaris 10 working better ? im sure there is alot of values but i dont know from where i can find them if you know any please send direct and if you know another sites send links to it, thanks so much. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Help! Performance Threshold for Solaris 8,9,10

hi, I am trying to determine a 'rule of thumb' threshold for memory usage on different Solaris versions. I know that prior to Solaris 8, "page scan rate > 300" can be used as a general rule of thumb to determine any memory shortages. Since Solaris 9 and 10 have a different memory handling... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwclu
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How I can get System Performance on Solaris

Hi All, Can someone help me out knowing all commands for getting system performance on Solaris machines. Thanks in advance, Yagami Light. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagami
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Performance tuning

Dear all, I have a Local zone , where users feel that performance is not good. Is it wise to collect the inputs from the local zone rather than taking from the global zone. And also Can I tune from Global zone , so that it will reflect in local zone. Rgds rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

6. Solaris

T4-1/Solaris 11 and sudden 50% performance drop

We have a SPARC T4-1 server, running Solaris 11, and it's doing some pretty extensive parsing on roughly 100GB data set. All was well still few weeks ago, when I was testing the performance, I was reaching rougly 50minute calculation times, and it was more or less expected performance. Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Performance

Dear All, I have Sun OS 5.10 Solaris OS running. SunOS **** 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 ++There is a process named nscd utilizing high cpu not 100 though. Due to this the printer are delayed in printing and retreving information from this server last pid: 21848; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunil Koya
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 performance optimization tips

Hi, I need general tips for solaris 11 performance optimization. For example - disable the unused services, etc. Thanks, Bhavin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavin1
2 Replies
plimit(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         plimit(1)

NAME
plimit - get or set the resource limits of running processes SYNOPSIS
plimit [-km] pid... plimit {-cdfnstv} soft,hard... pid... DESCRIPTION
If one or more of the cdfnstv options is specified, plimit sets the soft (current) limit and/or the hard (maximum) limit of the indicated resource(s) in the processes identified by the process-ID list, pid. Otherwise plimit reports the resource limits of the processes identi- fied by the process-ID list, pid. Only the owner of a process or the super-user is permitted either to get or to set the resource limits of a process. Only the super-user can increase the hard limit. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -k On output, show file sizes in kilobytes (1024 bytes) rather than in 512-byte blocks. -m On output, show file and memory sizes in megabytes (1024*1024 bytes). The remainder of the options are used to change specified resource limits. They each accept an argument of the form: soft,hard where soft specifies the soft (current) limit and hard specifies the hard (maximum) limit. If the hard limit is not specified, the comma may be omitted. If the soft limit is an empty string, only the hard limit is set. Each limit is either the literal string unlimited, or a number, with an optional scaling factor, as follows: nk n kilobytes nm n megabytes (minutes for CPU time) nh n hours (for CPU time only) mm:ss minutes and seconds (for CPU time only) The soft limit cannot exceed the hard limit. -c soft,hard Set core file size limits (default unit is 512-byte blocks). -d soft,hard Set data segment (heap) size limits (default unit is kilobytes). -f soft,hard Set file size limits (default unit is 512-byte blocks). -n soft,hard Set file descriptor limits (no default unit). -s soft,hard Set stack segment size limits (default unit is kilobytes). -t soft,hard Set CPU time limits (default unit is seconds). -v soft,hard Set virtual memory size limits (default unit is kilobytes). OPERANDS
The following operands are supported. pid Process ID list. EXIT STATUS
plimit returns the exit value zero on success, non-zero on failure (such as no such process, permission denied, or invalid option). FILES
/proc/pid/* process information and control files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ulimit(1), proc(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), proc(4), attributes(5), SunOS 5.10 8 Jun 1998 plimit(1)