Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Have a find/replace perl script thats broke Post 302571194 by richsark on Sunday 6th of November 2011 04:59:58 PM
Old 11-06-2011
Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks,

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use File::Find;
open F,shift or die $!;
my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>;
close F;
find sub{
  if( -f ){
     local @ARGV=($_);
     local $^I="";
     while( <> ){
           !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g;
           print;
     }
  }
},@ARGV;

When I run this it does it job, but I dont need the . ((dot)) after the IP

$ ./trythis.pl rich-input.txt *

option domain-name-servers 199.131.101.210., 199.131.101.161.;

I am trying to get it to look like this:

option domain-name-servers 179.131.101.210,129.131.101.161;

Thanks for your help in trying to TS this. I cant seem to figure this one out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parentheses in perl find/replace

I'm trying to use the following command to do a batch find and replace in all commonly named files through a file hierarchy find . -name 'file' |xargs perl -pi -e 's/find/replace/g' which works fine except for a substitution involving parenthesis. As a specific example I'm trying to sub... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffish
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/replace to new file: ksh -> perl

I have korn shell script that genretaets 100 file based on template replacing the number. The template file is as below: $ cat template file number: NUMBER The shell script is as below: $ cat gen.sh #!/bin/ksh i=1; while ((i <= 100)); do sed "s/NUMBER/$i/" template > file_${i} ((... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Broke Perl Script Second pair of eyes NET::FTPSSL

Hi all, Let me first start out by saying I'm a perl newbie and hope somebody can help, for the life of me I can't figure out why my script will not find and download a remote file via FTPSSL. What it's supposed to do is find the latest file named... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Styles
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl find and replace

Hi, Please could someone advise, how I can resolve this issue with my find and replace command : perl -i -npe "s#RLM_LICENSE.*#RLM_LICENSE=$TEAM_TOP/licenses/abc.demo.lic#;" environment.properties $TEAM_TOP is an environment varible within my system. when i run this perl command from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fettie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character Find and replace in Unix or Perl

Hi, I am stuck with an problem and want some help, what i want to do is There is a directory name temp which include file named t1.txt, t2,txt, t3.txt and so on. These files contains data, but there are some bad character also that is % present in the files , I want to write the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl find & replace - what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have a directory full of .plist type files from which I need to delete a line. Not every file contains the line, but of course I'd like to do it recursively. The line which I want to delete is: <string>com.apple.PhotoBooth</string> and looks like this in its native habitat: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace, perl code

Hi, Can somebody tell whats wrong with "find and replace perl code". I wanted to find "\n".write(status,data" and replace with "\n",data" in multipls files. #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.c>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr0 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to read string from file#1 and find/replace in file#2

Hello Forum. I have a file called abc.sed with the following commands; s/1/one/g s/2/two/g ... I also have a second file called abc.dat and would like to substitute all occurrences of "1 with one", "2 with two", etc and create a new file called abc_new.dat sed -f abc.sed abc.dat >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
YPSERV(8)							 Reference Manual							 YPSERV(8)

NAME
ypserv - NIS server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ypserv [ -d [ path ] ] [ -p port ] DESCRIPTION
The Network Information Service (NIS) provides a simple network lookup service consisting of databases and processes. The databases are gdbm files in a directory tree rooted at /var/yp. The ypserv daemon is typically activated at system startup. ypserv runs only on NIS server machines with a complete NIS database. On other machines using the NIS services, you have to run ypbind as client or under Linux you could use the libc with NYS support. ypbind must run on every machine which has NIS client processes; ypserv may or may not be running on the same node, but must be running somewhere on the network. On startup or when receiving the signal SIGHUP, ypserv parses the file /etc/ypserv.conf. OPTIONS
-d --debug [path] Causes the server to run in debugging mode. Normally, ypserv reports only errors (access violations, dbm failures) using the sys- log(3) facility. In debug mode, the server does not background itself and prints extra status messages to stderr for each request that it revceives. path is an optionally parameter. ypserv is using this directory instead of /var/yp -p --port port ypserv will bind itself to this port. This makes it possible to have a router filter packets to the NIS ports, so that access to the NIS server from hosts on the Internet can be restricted. -v --version Prints the version number SECURITY
In general, any remote user can issue an RPC to ypserv and retrieve the contents of your NIS maps, if he knows your domain name. To prevent such unauthorized transactions, ypserv supports a feature called securenets which can be used to restrict access to a given set of hosts. At startup or when arriving the SIGHUP Signal, ypserv will attempt to load the securenets information from a file called /etc/ypserv.securenets . This file contains entries that consist of a netmask and a network pair separated by white spaces. Lines start- ing with ``#'' are considered to be comments. A sample securenets file might look like this: # allow connections from local host -- necessary host 127.0.0.1 # same as 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 # # allow connections from any host # on the 131.234.223.0 network 255.255.255.0 131.234.223.0 # allow connections from any host # between 131.234.214.0 and 131.234.215.255 255.255.254.0 131.234.214.0 If ypserv receives a request from an address that fails to match a rule, the request will be ignored and a warning message will be logged. If the /etc/ypserv.securenets file does not exist, ypserv will allow connections from any host. In the /etc/ypserv.conf you could specify some access rules for special maps and hosts. But it is not very secure, it makes the life only a little bit harder for a potential hacker. If a mapname doesn't match a rule, ypserv will look for the YP_SECURE key in the map. If it exists, ypserv will only allow requests on a reserved port. For security reasons, ypserv will only accept ypproc_xfr requests for updating maps from the same master server as the old one. This means, you have to reinstall the slave servers if you change the master server for a map. FILES
/etc/ypserv.conf /etc/ypserv.securenets SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypcat(1), ypmatch(1), ypserv.conf(5), netgroup(5), makedbm(8), revnetgroup(8), ypinit(8), yppoll(8), yppush(8), ypset(8), ypwhich(8), ypxfr(8), rpc.ypxfrd(8) The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Sun Yellow Pages (YP). The functionality of the two remains the same; only the name has changed. The name Yellow Pages is a registered trademark in the United Kingdom of British Telecommunications plc, and may not be used without permission. AUTHOR
ypserv was written by Peter Eriksson <pen@lysator.liu.se>. Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> added support for master/slave server and is the new Maintainer. YP Server August 2001 YPSERV(8)