Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX vio server's rootvg disk migratepv Post 302571144 by newtoaixos on Sunday 6th of November 2011 11:27:40 AM
Old 11-06-2011
vio server's rootvg disk migratepv

Hi

I need to do the migratepv for the rootvg disks of the vio servers ? The current rootvg disks are on DMX3 storage and the new disks will be given from VMAX. Our setup is dual vio servers with multipathing to the vio clients.

What is the command to do the migratepv for the vio rootvg disks ?

Is it the same like # migratepv (source disk hdisk#) (Destination disk hdisk#) or does vio rootvg disks has a separate command for the data to be migrated?
Code:
==========================================================================================================================
$ lspv | grep -i rootvg
hdisk0          00c7518d8e663a3c                    rootvg          active
hdisk2          00c7518d997f5771                    rootvg          active
==========================================================================================================================
$ ioslevel
1.4.1.2-FP-9.2
$ hostname
viocbs01
# lsvg -l rootvg
rootvg:
LV NAME             TYPE       LPs   PPs   PVs  LV STATE      MOUNT POINT
hd5                 boot       1     1     1    closed/syncd  N/A
hd6                 paging     8     8     1    open/syncd    N/A
paging00            paging     16    16    1    open/syncd    N/A
hd8                 jfs2log    1     1     1    open/syncd    N/A
hd4                 jfs2       8     8     2    open/syncd    /
hd2                 jfs2       64    64    2    open/syncd    /usr
hd9var              jfs2       32    32    2    open/syncd    /var
hd3                 jfs2       16    16    1    open/syncd    /tmp
hd1                 jfs2       160   160   1    open/syncd    /home
hd10opt             jfs2       32    32    2    open/syncd    /opt
lg_dumplv           sysdump    16    16    1    open/syncd    N/A

# bootlist -m normal -o
hdisk0 blv=hd5
# bootinfo -b
hdisk0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help urgent : vio server - add extral disk on virtual lpar

Hi, I define 2 new LV on the vio server and run a cfgmgr on the partition and see my 2 new hdisk (hdisk6 and hdisk7). I extend my vg vg000 (on the partition) and add the 2 hdisks. I had a filesystem on the vg000 and when I added the disk I would like to increase the filesystem. But I cannot do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.2/5.3 - rootvg on SAN disk - pros and cons

We are considering a DR strategy of booting AIX 5.3 and 5.3 logical partitions from EMC Symmetrix SAN disks, so that we can replicate via SRDF to a recovery site. Has anyone tried configuring AIX 5.x systems to boot from SAN disk? If so, can you provide any information on the pros and cons of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjgarrot
6 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR and vio disk mapping

We have a frame the uses 2 vios that assign disk storage to LPAR's. We have a LPAr with multiple disk and I want to know how do I tell which vio is serving the disk. For example the LPAr has hdisk 0, 1, 2, 3 all the same size. I want to know which vio is serving hdisk0, 1. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

4. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. AIX

VIO Backing Disk LPAR how to find which one ?

hello Folks, my vio: $ lsmap -all SVSA Physloc Client Partition ID --------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------ vhost0 U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V2-C11 0x00000003 VTD ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. AIX

Erase AIX rootvg system disk

Hello all, I need help for erasing IBM P5 machine running AIX 5.3. I have 2 system disks (Hardware mirror) and i'm looking for a way like a LIVE CD bootable CD so I can boot with the cd and then format the system disks with a "secure erase" software. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobi gabai
7 Replies

7. AIX

how to erase VIO server's rootvg?

how to erase VIO server's rootvg? I don't have CD can reinstall a new OS, can I go to maintenance to erase rootvg? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. AIX

PowerHA Disk on VIO Server

Hello AIX GURU's Can anybody tell me the steps to crate shared VG (enhanced concurent) for my Lpars from VIO server? my questions are: 1. Should I crate Enhanced Concurent VG in VIO and map it using virtual Scsi to Lpar? or 2. Can I just create virtual SCSI in VIO and map to Lpar and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

10. AIX

access data from a new disk was assigned another rootvg

Hello, I try to access to data after connect a new disk (hdisk1) to a AIX 7.1 system This new disk was assigned to a rootvg from another AIX 6.1 system. It seem not assigned to any vg but if I tried to assigned hdisk1 to rootvg i get : Data seem to be always here ... ouf ;-)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Voran
4 Replies
gnome-open(1)							   User Commands						     gnome-open(1)

NAME
gnome-open - open a file using the appropriate application SYNOPSIS
gnome-open [-h] filename DESCRIPTION
gnome-open opens a file from the command line by launching the appropriate application that is associated with the file mime type. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display usage and help information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename Specifies the name of the file to open. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Opening a Text File in the Home Directory example% gnome-open README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-open Executable to open a file using the appropriate application ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnome-open(1)