Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Install Patch on ServiceGuard environment Post 302571118 by cooljack123 on Sunday 6th of November 2011 08:12:34 AM
Old 11-06-2011
thanks for your reply.
we are planing schedule to shutdown system now and will try it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

ServiceGuard on HP-UX 11.23 Mission Critical

Dear(s), anybody have played ServiceGuard on HP-UX version 11.23 MC ? I am planning to install Oracle and OpenView Operations for Unix 8 on a ServiceGuard clustered HP-UX environment, any suggestionsfrom where should I start ? Best Regards, Mostafa Reda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darousha
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Serviceguard Cluster Questions..

Hi, I'm fairly new to HP-UX. I am trying to find out if it is possible to create a cluster with 3 active nodes and 1 passive node. Everything I have found online so far just describes active/active and active/passive. Is it possible to have 3 active nodes and 1 passive node in a cluster? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DtbCollumb
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

MC Serviceguard and WebSphere ND 6.1

I am a Lawson Software consultant assisting a client with a Lawson upgrade. One of our components is WebSphere Application Server ND 6.1. Our client is using MC Serviceguard for failover. When testing failover, my Websphere instance is trying to start, but generating this error, referencing the old... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrvitas
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Debian install maintainer environment variable problem

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy heron) and I am trying to package my application using 'dpkg'. I am following 'rules' based debian packaging. I am using install script to copy certain shared object libraries into my package installation path. for eg:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to install a specific OS Patch

Hello everyone: I want to install oracle in AIX 6.1, however the installer requires some patches (IZ41855, IZ51456 and IZ52319) I've downloaded the fixes but I don't know which specific filesets contain the patches I need, how could I determine this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

need to recall my hp serviceguard clustering

hi, do u know any link that will get back to me up to speed on hp serviceguard on clustering? thanks and much appreciated, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot locate patch to install (on a non-global zone)

Hello Solaris experts, I would like to inquire of the error I'm encountering when using patchadd on a non-global zone. bash-3.00# patchadd 148625-01 Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Cannot locate 148625-01... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some automatic process to login in putty. install some patch

Hello, I was wondering, we have multiple servers where we login from Putty. Is there some way we get automatically loged in after giving server name and password(by saving it in some file or like that) Just a thought (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Force patch install on non global zone

All, I am trying to install the patch 148689-02. However, this patch fails to install due to the non global zone does not have the required patch 147143-17. I have tried to login to the non global zone and install it manually. "patchadd 147143-17" however, this returns a message stating its for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
1 Replies
NOLOGIN(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							NOLOGIN(5)

NAME
nologin -- file disallowing and containing reason for disallowing logins DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/nologin, if it exists, causes the login procedure, used by programs such as login(1), to terminate. The program may display the contents of /etc/nologin to the user before exiting. This file is a simple mechanism to temporarily prevent incoming logins. As such, the file /etc/nologin is created by shutdown(8) five min- utes before system shutdown, or immediately if shutdown is in less than five minutes. The file /etc/nologin is removed just before shutdown(8) exits. To disable logins on a per-account basis, see nologin(8). The file /etc/nologin has no affect on the login procedure for the root user. FILES
/etc/nologin The nologin file resides in /etc. EXAMPLES
NO LOGINS: System going down at 18:22 SEE ALSO
login(1), ftpd(8), nologin(8), rshd(8), shutdown(8), sshd(8) BSD
December 9, 2005 BSD