Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 777 files and dir
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 777 files and dir Post 302570964 by learnbash on Saturday 5th of November 2011 03:10:43 AM
Old 11-05-2011
if ignore file (777 perm) have different name like

Code:
/var/ttt/xyz
/var/ttt/abcd
/var/ttt/d2g567
/var/ttt/4p987G

i want to ignore above file during moving, so how to do that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specified files from list of files from dir A to dir B

Hello, fjalkdsjfkldsajflkajdskl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmeesara
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to move files of particular day from one dir to another dir

Hi, I have hundered's of files of the name CMP_PORT_IN_P200903271623042437_20090328122430_err.xml in error directory of todays date ie 20090328 and in the file name 5th field specifies date only now i want to move all files of 20090328 to another directory i.e reprocess directory. So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

can another user 777 and existing 777 dirctory?

User usrA creates dirA directory and runs chmod 777 on the directory. Can usrB issue another 777 on dirA? It appears the answer is no even if the usrA and usrB are part of the same group. I know this is a rare scenario but I just ran across it and found out that usrB receives an error when... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlek131
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from a dir in one machine to a dir in another machines

Hi, I am a unix newbie.I need to write a shell script to move my oracle READ WRITE datafiles from one serevr to another. I need to move it from /u01/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u01/oradata/W2KK, /u02/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u02/oradata/W2KK. That is, I actaully am moving my datafiles from one database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move all files in a dir into a certain dir

Hello all, I'm very new to shell scripting and need quite urgently to do this thing for my student job. I have a directory called "vectors" with a bunch of files all named ".vector". also i have for each of those files a directory with the name . I now want to move each of those *.vector files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherresh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run files with 700-777 permissions

I finally installed Chakra Linux and noticed whether I create or extract a file with 700, 755, 775 permissions a * sign is listed at the end of the filename: $ ls -l bin/32 total 16440 -rwxr-xr-x 1 501 utmp 6321496 09.12.2013 04:02 bitcoind* -rwxr-xr-x 1 501 utmp 10508613 09.12.2013 04:02... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
10 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
PFLOGD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 PFLOGD(8)

NAME
pflogd -- packet filter logging daemon SYNOPSIS
pflogd [-DragonFly] [-d delay] [-f filename] [-i interface] [-p pidfile] [-s snaplen] [expression] DESCRIPTION
pflogd is a background daemon which reads packets logged by pf(4) to a pflog(4) interface, normally pflog0, and writes the packets to a log- file (normally /var/log/pflog) in tcpdump(8) binary format. These logs can be reviewed later using the -r option of tcpdump(8), hopefully offline in case there are bugs in the packet parsing code of tcpdump(8). pflogd closes and then re-opens the log file when it receives SIGHUP, permitting newsyslog(8) to rotate logfiles automatically. SIGALRM causes pflogd to flush the current logfile buffers to the disk, thus making the most recent logs available. The buffers are also flushed every delay seconds. If the log file contains data after a restart or a SIGHUP, new logs are appended to the existing file. If the existing log file was created with a different snaplen, pflogd temporarily uses the old snaplen to keep the log file consistent. pflogd tries to preserve the integrity of the log file against I/O errors. Furthermore, integrity of an existing log file is verified before appending. If there is an invalid log file or an I/O error, the log file is moved out of the way and a new one is created. If a new file cannot be created, logging is suspended until a SIGHUP or a SIGALRM is received. The options are as follows: -D Debugging mode. pflogd does not disassociate from the controlling terminal. -d delay Time in seconds to delay between automatic flushes of the file. This may be specified with a value between 5 and 3600 seconds. If not specified, the default is 60 seconds. -f filename Log output filename. Default is /var/log/pflog. -i interface Specifies the pflog(4) interface to use. By default, pflogd will use pflog0. -p pidfile Writes a file containing the process ID of the program. The file name has the form /var/run/pidname.pid. If the option is not given, pidfile defaults to pflogd. -s snaplen Analyze at most the first snaplen bytes of data from each packet rather than the default of 116. The default of 116 is adequate for IP, ICMP, TCP, and UDP headers but may truncate protocol information for other protocols. Other file parsers may desire a higher snaplen. -x Check the integrity of an existing log file, and return. expression Selects which packets will be dumped, using the regular language of tcpdump(8). FILES
/var/run/pflogd.pid Process ID of the currently running pflogd. /var/log/pflog Default log file. EXAMPLES
Log specific tcp packets to a different log file with a large snaplen (useful with a log-all rule to dump complete sessions): # pflogd -s 1600 -f suspicious.log port 80 and host evilhost Log from another pflog(4) interface, excluding specific packets: # pflogd -i pflog3 -f network3.log "not (tcp and port 23)" Display binary logs: # tcpdump -n -e -ttt -r /var/log/pflog Display the logs in real time (this does not interfere with the operation of pflogd): # tcpdump -n -e -ttt -i pflog0 Tcpdump has been extended to be able to filter on the pfloghdr structure defined in <net/if_pflog.h>. Tcpdump can restrict the output to packets logged on a specified interface, a rule number, a reason, a direction, an IP family or an action. ip Address family equals IPv4. ip6 Address family equals IPv6. ifname kue0 Interface name equals "kue0". on kue0 Interface name equals "kue0". ruleset authpf Ruleset name equals "authpf". rulenum 10 Rule number equals 10. reason match Reason equals match. Also accepts "bad-offset", "fragment", "bad-timestamp", "short", "normalize", "memory", "congestion", "ip-option", "proto-cksum", "state-mismatch", "state-insert", "state-limit", "src-limit", and "synproxy". action pass Action equals pass. Also accepts "block". inbound The direction was inbound. outbound The direction was outbound. Display the logs in real time of inbound packets that were blocked on the wi0 interface: # tcpdump -n -e -ttt -i pflog0 inbound and action block and on wi0 SEE ALSO
pcap(3), pf(4), pflog(4), pf.conf(5), newsyslog(8), tcpdump(8) HISTORY
The pflogd command appeared in OpenBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
pflogd was written by Can Erkin Acar <canacar@openbsd.org>. BSD
May 31, 2007 BSD